Boomi Cloud Engineer
Primary Location: Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania
Remote - Pennsylvania, United States
Boomi Cloud Engineer
Join us as a Cloud Engineer within our Dell Boomiteam in US- Remote to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a market and technology leader in integration platform as a service (iPaaS), Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Learn more at http://www.boomi.com/
As a Cloud Engineer you work as a member of Dell Boomi’s Managed Cloud Services (MCS) Operations Team to design, build, and maintain our cloud-based production runtimes including the Boomi Atom Cloud application and ancillary services directly supporting our customers’ mission critical business integrations and processes. The Cloud Engineer will regularly participate with the product and development teams in the strategic design process and translates business needs into technical systems solutions. The Cloud Engineer is responsible for delivering a world class customer experience including regular interaction as well as deployment, technical accuracy, and completeness of integrated system designs across development, testing, staging, and production.
- Interface with customers and deliver dedicated cloud-based solutions for the Dell Boomi runtime.
- Design, develop and execute infrastructure automation to facilitate the rapid delivery of cloud-based system and application updates to customers.
- Implement DevOps solutions and infrastructure as code using Ansible, Cloud Formation templates, yml files, json, Python, shell scripting and Linux OS.
- Leverage AWS/Azure/GCP/Pivotal Cloud Platform APIs and CLIs to automate solutions rather than via console
- Perform testing, performance analysis and advanced troubleshooting of issues that may arise during solution development
- Monitor production systems and applications and take corrective actions to ensure availability. Manage backup and recovery of systems
- Manage the inventory of virtual systems supporting customers’ production integrations
- Perform network and storage administration for test and production environments
- Install, maintain and support ancillary cloud hosted services such as network administration (VPNs, VPC peering, etc..), storage administration, database administration, sftp and mft services, queueing services, streaming services, etc…)
- Participate in on-call rotation for local and production environments.
- Follow Agile and Kanban practices using Atlassian tool suites including BitBucket, JIRA and Confluence.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 2-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with the Linux operating system (RHEL preferred). High comfort with administering operating system environments at the command level
- Application/Data Integration experience
- Experience monitoring production application systems, performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Fundamental understanding of Computer Architectures, Cloud-based technologies, virtual computing and networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, SSH, NFS or NetApp)
- Experience configuring, tuning, and maintaining production Java runtimes (JVMs).
- Minimum basic or Intermediate proficiency in at least one or more programming languages (preferably Python or Java)
- Must be a quick learner, self-initiator and team player who takes pride in producing superior results while contributing to an A-caliber team.
- Real world experience managing large scale, enterprise level cloud environments using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Lambda), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform Cloud and/or VirtuStream Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Certification in any a plus.
- Experience with Java testing tools (e.g. JMeter, JMX) and monitoring applications (e.g. DataDog or Zabbix or Wavefront)
- Experience with managing enterprise application such as cloud-based Enterprise Messaging Applications (Solace, SQS) Managed File Transfer (MFT) solutions (Thru or GoAnywhere), relational databases (MySQL, Postgres or Aurora DB), cloud based or virtual based Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) solutions.
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or other similar containerized services.
- Dell Boomi AtomSphere Certified
- Redhat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Experience with Agile and Kanban Processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar discipline
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 31 March 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R085782