Cloud Architect (Azure focus + AWS, GCP) - US Remote
Primary Location: Remote - Pennsylvania,
Remote - California, United States (Bay Area); Remote - California, United States (LA/Orange County); Remote - Colorado, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro); Remote - Tennessee, United States; Remote - Texas, United States
Cloud Architect (Azure focus + AWS, GCP)
As a market and technology leader in integration platform as a service (iPaaS), Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Learn more at http://www.boomi.com/
The Cloud Architect works as a member of Dell Boomi’s Managed Cloud Services (MCS) Team to design, build, and maintain our cloud based production runtimes including the Boomi Atom Cloud application and ancillary services directly supporting our customers’ mission critical business integrations and processes. The Cloud Architect will regularly participate with the product and development teams in the strategic design process and translates business needs into technical systems solutions. The Cloud Architect is responsible for delivering a world class customer experience including regular interaction as well as deployment, technical accuracy, and completeness of integrated system designs across development, testing, staging, and production.
General Job Functions
- Interface with customers and deliver dedicated cloud-based solutions for the Dell Boomi runtime. Manage customer cloud expectations.
- Design and implement customer architecture design, including network interfaces and adherence to security compliance.
- Design, develop and execute infrastructure automation to facilitate the rapid delivery of cloud based system and application updates to customers.
- Implement DevOps solutions and infrastructure as code using Ansible, Cloud Formation templates, yml files, json, Python, shell scripting and Linux OS.
- Leverage Azure/AWS/GCP/PCF Platform APIs and CLIs to automate solutions rather than via console.
- Perform testing, performance analysis and advanced troubleshooting of issues that may arise during solution development
- Design production systems and applications and take corrective actions to ensure availability, including the backup and recovery of systems.
- Manage the inventory of virtual systems supporting customers’ production integrations
- Perform network and storage administration for test and production environments
- Install, maintain and support ancillary cloud hosted services such as network administration (VPNs, VPC peering, etc..), storage administration, database administration, sftp and mft services, queueing services, streaming services, etc…)
- Follow Agile and Kanban practices using Atlassian tool suites including BitBucket, JIRA and Confluence.
Specific Job Functions
- Implement Azure peering/manual cloud network manipulation.
- Manage Azure guest account creation/ service principle manipulation.
- UDR implementation.
- Application Gateway SKU upgrade for inter-region peering (when required)
- Lead Azure Redesign
- Prototype and finalize Hub-spoke network topography
- Add UDR deployment for all Azure clouds.
- Automate VNET Peering.
- Facilitate peering authentication via service principle.
- Update AppGateway to V2 SKU (operational infrastructure).
- Implement Virtual Network NAT design.
- Migrate virtual assets to private subnets (operational infrastructure).
- Implement AWS Transit Gateway
- Finalize and document new network fabric, specifically TG route table segmentation structure.
- Establish Transit Gateway base infrastructure
- Implement AWS DNS Redesign
- Route53 resolver deployment.
- Create Ansible automation for all of the above.
Essential Job Requirements
- 3-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with the Linux operating system (RHEL preferred). High comfort with administering operating system environments at the command line level
- Experience monitoring production application systems, performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Fundamental understanding of Computer Architectures, Cloud-based technologies, virtual computing and networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, SSH, NFS or NetApp, Transit Gateways)
- Minimum basic or Intermediate proficiency in at least one or more programming languages (preferably Python or Java)
- Must be a quick learner, self-initiator and team player who takes pride in producing superior results while contributing to an A-caliber team.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Microsoft Azure Certification (Highly desired)
- Real world experience managing large scale, enterprise level cloud environments using Microsoft Azure. Experience or ability to quickly learn Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform Cloud and/or VirtuStream Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Experience with Java testing tools (e.g. JMeter, JMX) and monitoring applications (e.g. DataDog or Wavefront)
- Experience with managing enterprise application such as cloud based Enterprise Messaging Applications (Solace, Azure Service Bus, AWS SQS), Managed File Transfer (MFT) solutions (Thru), relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, SQLServer) and cloud based Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) solutions.
- Redhat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Experience with Agile and Kanban Processes
Bachelor Degree in Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar discipline
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R074208