Senior Cloud EngineerChesterbrook, Pennsylvania 03/13/2019
Are you ready to work on world changing technologies? Today, organizations need to move with increased agility and insight to grow and thrive. Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the third year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant and recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Dell Boomi provides the foundation on which your business can evolve and innovate. According to a recent survey by Vanson Bourne, connected businesses are far outpacing their competitors. We help organizations connect everything and engage everywhere across any channel, device or platform. More than 7,000 organizations are using Boomi to run better, faster and smarter.
Organizations across industries and geographies are seeking faster and smarter ways to modernize their digital infrastructure. But the increasing complexities of application and data integration is a growing challenge. And with the accelerating pace of business, companies can’t afford to spend months on complex and resource-intensive integration projects.
The Dell Boomi cloud-native platform provides revolutionary speed and ease for connecting any combination of on-premise or cloud-based applications for automating business process. Our unified platform includes robust support for core integration, master data, API, EDI and workflow management, all based on one unified, “low-code” development environment. By tapping the power of the Boomi platform, any organization can significantly shorten project times, reduce costs, streamline processes and boost productivity. Our technologies connect applications, assure data quality and automate workflows.
Working at Dell Boomi means doing what you love. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact in technology and want to build something big. If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Boomi. Learn more at http://www.boomi.com/ or visit Boomi Careers.
The Cloud Engineer works as a member of Dell Boomi’s Managed Cloud Operations Team to design, build, and maintain our cloud based production run times including databases, FTP servers, and the Boomi Atom Cloud application supporting our customers’ mission critical business integrations and processes.
- Manage the inventory of virtual systems supporting customers’ production integrations
- Monitor production systems and applications and take corrective actions to ensure availability
- Manage backup and recovery of systems
- Perform database and FTP administration for test and production environments
- Design and develop infrastructure automation to facilitate the rapid delivery of system and application updates.
- Participate in on-call rotation for critical and production environments
Essential Job Requirements
- 7+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Real world experience managing large scale, enterprise level cloud environments using Amazon Web Services (EC2 and S3) and/or Microsoft Azure -- certification in any a plus
- A solid understanding of the Linux operating system (RHEL preferred), server hardware (x86 based), virtual machines and networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, SSH, NFS or NetApp)
- Experience with administering and managing relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres or Aurora DB
- Experience with administering a cloud based or virtual based File Transfer Protocol (FTP) or Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) solution
- Experience with cloud based Managed File Transfer (MFT) solutions such as Thru or GoAnywhere
- Experience monitoring production application systems, performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting
- Experience configuring, tuning, and maintaining production JVM applications
- Must be a team player and take pride producing superior results while contributing to an A-caliber team
Preferred Job Requirements
- Dell Boomi AtomSphere Certified and moderate to experienced AtomSphere platform user
- Redhat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Preferred
- Experience with Java testing and monitoring tools (e.g. JMeter, JMX) and monitoring applications (e.g. DataDog or Zabbix or Wavefront)
- Familiarity with DevOps and IT Automation tools such as Puppet and Ansible
- Database administration with MySQL, Postgres and/or Aurora
- FTP/SFTP administration
- Experience with Agile and Kanban Processes
- Experience supporting SaaS and Cloud based software solutions
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar discipline
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Dell Boomi Product Overview: Boomi product overview
Job Family: Information-Technology Engineering Job ID: R79132
Related Job Opportunities
- Principal Software Engineer, Data Science Team - Java, Cloud, Web Services Pennsylvania
- Senior API Management Product Manager Multiple Locations
- Associate, Systems Engineering Pennsylvania
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.