Cloud EngineerChesterbrook, Pennsylvania 12/13/2018
As a market and technology leader in integration platform as a service (iPaaS), Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Learn more at http://www.boomi.com/
The Cloud Engineer works as a member of Dell Boomi’s Managed Cloud Operations Team to design, build, and maintain our cloud based production runtimes including databases, FTP servers, and the Boomi Atom Cloud application supporting our customers’ mission critical business integrations and processes.
- Manage the inventory of virtual systems supporting customers’ production integrations
- Monitor production systems and applications and take corrective actions to ensure availability
- Manage backup and recovery of systems
- Perform database and FTP administration for test and production environments
- Design and develop infrastructure automation to facilitate the rapid delivery of system and application updates.
- Participate in on-call rotation for critical and production environments.
Essential Job Requirements
- 2+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Real world experience managing large scale, enterprise level cloud environments using Amazon Web Services (EC2 and S3) and/or Microsoft Azure. Certification in any a plus.
- A solid understanding of the Linux operating system (RHEL preferred), server hardware (x86 based), virtual machines and networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, SSH, NFS or NetApp)
- Experience with administering and managing relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres or Aurora DB.
- Experience with administering a cloud based or virtual based File Transfer Protocol (FTP) or Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) solution
- Experience with cloud based Managed File Transfer (MFT) solutions such as Thru or GoAnywhere.
- Experience monitoring production application systems, performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Experience configuring, tuning, and maintaining production JVM applications.
- Must be a team player and take pride producing superior results while contributing to an A-caliber team.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Dell Boomi AtomSphere Certified and moderate to experienced AtomSphere platform user
· Redhat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Preferred
- Experience with Java testing and monitoring tools (e.g. JMeter, JMX) and monitoring applications (e.g. DataDog or Zabbix or Wavefront)
· Familiarity with DevOps and IT Automation tools such as Puppet and Ansible
· Database administration with MySQL, Postgres and/or Aurora
· FTP/SFTP administration
· Experience with Agile and Kanban Processes
· Experience supporting SaaS and Cloud based software solutions.
Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar disciplineJob Family: Information-Technology Engineering Job ID: R79132
Related Job Opportunities
- Dell Boomi Senior Principal DevOps Engineer Pennsylvania
- Dell Boomi Senior DevOps Engineer Pennsylvania
- Dell Boomi Support Engineer - Intake Pennsylvania
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.