Dell Boomi Senior DevOps EngineerChesterbrook, Pennsylvania 04/22/2019
Are you ready to work on world changing technologies? Today, organizations need to move with increased agility and insight to grow and thrive. Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the third year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant and recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Dell Boomi provides the foundation on which your business can evolve and innovate. According to a recent survey by Vanson Bourne, connected businesses are far outpacing their competitors. We help organizations connect everything and engage everywhere across any channel, device or platform. More than 7,000 organizations are using Boomi to run better, faster and smarter.
Organizations across industries and geographies are seeking faster and smarter ways to modernize their digital infrastructure. But the increasing complexities of application and data integration is a growing challenge. And with the accelerating pace of business, companies can’t afford to spend months on complex and resource-intensive integration projects.
The Dell Boomi cloud-native platform provides revolutionary speed and ease for connecting any combination of on-premise or cloud-based applications for automating business process. Our unified platform includes robust support for core integration, master data, API, EDI and workflow management, all based on one unified, “low-code” development environment. By tapping the power of the Boomi platform, any organization can significantly shorten project times, reduce costs, streamline processes and boost productivity. Our technologies connect applications, assure data quality and automate workflows.
Working at Dell Boomi means doing what you love. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact in technology and want to build something big. If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Boomi. Learn more at http://www.boomi.com/ or visit Boomi Careers.
We are looking to add an experienced DevOps engineer with a background in cloud operations and infrastructure as code automation to join our high performing engineering organization. As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Boomi you will work collaboratively with software engineers and fellow DevOps engineers to automate the building, management, monitoring, and scaling of our Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure in an environment of rapid growth. You’ll be responsible for the deployment, technical accuracy, and completeness of integrated system designs across our development, testing, staging, and production environments. We’re not looking for a follower - we expect you to take ownership and to start implementing solutions and solving problems right away. We'll expect you to contribute ideas to improve our architecture and our processes in addition to writing code.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience building, scaling, and operating services on AWS or comparable Cloud Service Provider
- 6-8 years of recent automating the provisioning of cloud infrastructure experience using CloudFormation or a similar tool
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience automating routine operational tasks to reduce time consumed
- Proficiency in software languages such as Java, Python, C, etc.
- 6-8 years’ experience automating the configuration of servers / virtual machines (were using Ansible, but experience in any similar tool is valuable)
- Solid understanding of the Linux operating system (RHEL preferred) and networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, SSH, NFS)
- Hands on production application systems monitoring, performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting experience
- Experience supporting SaaS and Cloud based software solutions
- Knowledge and exposure to Agile and Kanban Processes
- Experience with containerization tools like Docker or ECS, as well as, Git
- Own and improve our infrastructure as code, automation, deployment, and monitoring efforts
- Continuously monitor and improve the stability, performance, security, maintainability, and scalability of the Boomi environment
- Automate routine operational tasks, improving efficiency and standardization while reducing time consumption
- Implement security best practices, from OS-level patches to organizational methods
- Work closely with development teams to provide system engineering support and ensure production readiness
- Create internal tooling to improve the Boomi developer and DevOps experience
- Assist with infrastructure planning and implementation
- A team player who takes pride in producing superior results while contributing to a high-caliber team
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Engineering-Development Engineering Job ID: R87593
Related Job Opportunities
- Dell Boomi Inside Sales Engineering Manager Pennsylvania
- Principal Software Quality Engineer Pennsylvania
- Boomi Software Support Engineer Pennsylvania