Dell Boomi Senior Principal Software Engineer (AI/ML) (Virtual/ Remote)
Primary Location: Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania
Remote - Alabama, United States; Remote - Alaska, United States; Remote - Arizona, United States; Remote - Arkansas, United States; Remote - California, United States (All Other); Remote - California, United States (Bay Area); Remote - California, United States (LA/Orange County); Remote - Colorado, United States; Remote - Connecticut, United States (All Other); Remote - Connecticut, United States (NY Metro); Remote - Delaware, United States; Remote - District of Columbia, United States; Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Idaho, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Kentucky, United States; Remote - Louisiana, United States; Remote - Maine, United States; Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - All Other); Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - Charles, Prince Georges, Montgomery); Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - Michigan, United States; Remote - Minnesota, United States; Remote - Mississippi, United States; Remote - Missouri, United States; Remote - Montana, United States; Remote - Nebraska, United States; Remote - Nevada, United States; Remote - New Hampshire, United States; Remote - New Jersey, United States; Remote - New Mexico, United States; Remote - New York, United States (All Other); Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro); Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - North Dakota, United States; Remote - Ohio, United States; Remote - Oklahoma, United States; Remote - Oregon, United States; Remote - Pennsylvania, United States; Remote - Rhode Island, United States; Remote - South Carolina, United States; Remote - South Dakota, United States; Remote - Tennessee, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Remote - Utah, United States; Remote - Vermont, United States; Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - Alexandria, Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William); Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - All Other); Remote - Washington, United States; Remote - West Virginia, United States; Remote - Wisconsin, United States; Remote - Wyoming, United States
Senior Principal Software Engineer AI/ML
Are you looking for a one-of-a-kind opportunity and ready to work on world changing technologies? Are you passionate about analytics and knowledgeable about the supporting platforms enabling analytic solutions? Do you want to build the next-generation of the industry’s #1 Integration Platform as-a Service?
At Boomi, our vision is to harness the power of metadata by capturing the relationships and behaviors of applications and their interactions to reimagine and reinvent the customer experience.
We are looking for an innovative leader with strong technical expertise and familiarity with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) technologies. This person will lead a talented, fast growing, driven team playing a key role in Boomi’s future initiatives. Successful candidates will be expected to thrive in challenging environments and have a track record of delivering on commitments. Applicants are expected to work within a fast-paced Agile environment where priorities and deliverables change based on tactical and strategic business needs.
Our team is collaborative, enjoys working with each other, and we are eager to help each other succeed. We are self-starters with technical curiosity and have a willingness to learn. We are open to sharing new ideas and improvements. We build and deploy services that are core to our platform. We take pride in our work. If this sounds like you, then you may be a good candidate for our team!
Join us as a Senior Principal Software EngineerAI/ML on our Software Engineering team remotely to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Your responsibilities include:
● Key member of an Agile team, collaborating throughout the software development lifecycle.
● Guide and participate in the design, development, unit testing, and deployment of Boomi products and services including enhancements and/or resolution of any reported issues.
● Work independently with a minimal level of guidance from technical leadership.
● Ability to deliver on commitments and meet deadlines on complex initiatives.
● Collaborate on organization-wide initiatives with other Agile development teams.
● Research, validate, and recommend technologies to deliver robust, secure, and scalable services and architectures.
● Set up, develop, and maintain best practices for the team including thorough code reviews.
● Ability to ramp up quickly and efficiently on new technologies.
● Work with Product and Engineering management on roadmaps and their deliverables.
● Provide designs for incremental development for the team.
● Provide architecture and detail design documents enabling grooming and planning.
● Investigate and resolve complex customer issues.
● Mentor team members.
● Keep up on the latest developments in the field by continuous learning and proactively championing promising new methods relevant to the problems at hand.
● Collaborate closely with data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers in a multidisciplinary work environment.
● Experienced in using AI/ML platforms, technologies, techniques (e.g. TensorFlow, Apache MXnet, Theano, Keras, CNTK, scikit-learn, H2O, Spark MLlib, etc.)
● Assist the leadership team in the creation of reports to track sprint progress.
● Strong skills in software prototyping and engineering using Java and/or Python.
● 8+ years of development experience with Java and/or Python.
● 4 or more years of proven leadership on technical teams.
● Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
● Solid understanding of the fundamentals of data engineering and data science with a working knowledge of various open source AI/ML technologies.
● Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
● Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
● Experience with application development and deployment with Docker and Kubernetes.
● Familiarity with highly scalable, high throughput web applications and backend systems.
● Experience using Linux/Unix environments.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R103614