Principal Software Engineer, Data Science Team - Java, Cloud, Web ServicesChesterbrook, Pennsylvania 03/18/2019
***This Position is located in Chesterbrook, PA.***
Are you ready to work on world changing technologies? Today, organizations need to move with increased agility and insight to grow and thrive. Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the third year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant and recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Dell Boomi provides the foundation on which your business can evolve and innovate. According to a recent survey by Vanson Bourne, connected businesses are far outpacing their competitors. We help organizations connect everything and engage everywhere across any channel, device or platform. More than 7,000 organizations are using Boomi to run better, faster and smarter.
Organizations across industries and geographies are seeking faster and smarter ways to modernize their digital infrastructure. But the increasing complexities of application and data integration is a growing challenge. And with the accelerating pace of business, companies can’t afford to spend months on complex and resource-intensive integration projects.
The Dell Boomi cloud-native platform provides revolutionary speed and ease for connecting any combination of on-premise or cloud-based applications for automating business process. Our unified platform includes robust support for core integration, master data, API, EDI and workflow management, all based on one unified, “low-code” development environment. By tapping the power of the Boomi platform, any organization can significantly shorten project times, reduce costs, streamline processes and boost productivity. Our technologies connect applications, assure data quality and automate workflows.
Working at Dell Boomi means doing what you love. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact in technology and want to build something big. If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Boomi. Learn more at http://www.boomi.com/ or visit Boomi Careers.
Dell Boomi develops, deploys, and operates mission critical data integrations for small, medium, and enterprise level customers. Our Engineers within our Boomi team are thought leaders and have significant input into the design and direction of our product. Join us in our mission to make integration accessible to organizations of all sizes. Dell Boomi Product Overview: https://youtu.be/AcwMPny1uCo
- Be a key member of an Agile team, collaboratively realizing features through the software development lifecycle
- Guide and participate in design, development and unit testing of the Boomi products including enhancements and/or resolution of any issues that may be reported
- Work independently with a minimal level of guidance from technical leadership
- Research, validate and recommend technology decisions for new features
- Collaborate on organization wide initiatives with other agile development teams
- Mentor other Boomi engineers, including design collaboration and code reviews
- Work with product management to perform high-level problem analysis and solution design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 7+ years of experience in software development using the Java programming language with a solid understanding of object oriented design concepts for delivering and maintaining a software product
- Experience with various AWS technologies including EC2, S3, CloudFormation and Kinesis
- Technical expertise in SQL, JDBC, XML, and Hibernate
- Experience developing RESTful microservices
- Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like Git
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating, maintaining and/or utilizing a Data Lake
- Familiarity with highly scalable, high throughput web applications, APIs, and backend systems
- Familiarity with CI/CD principles and tools
- Familiarity with AI/ML principles and technologies
R&D Team Environment:
- Collaboration and enjoys working with others
- Team player who is eager to help others succeed
- Technical curiosity - Willingness to explore and learn new technologies that are unfamiliar
- Open to sharing new ideas / improvements
- Takes pride in own work
Boomi Culture / Activities / Events
- Board game nights
- Soccer league team
- $100M Bowling celebration
- Greenlight Hackathon twice a year for a whole week
- Company picnics
- Team lunches
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
"DCAM3"Job Family: Engineering Software-Engineer Job ID: R35087
Related Job Opportunities
- Principal Technical Writer Pennsylvania
- Dell Boomi Senior Design Technologist Multiple Locations
- Dell Boomi Inside Sales Engineer Pennsylvania