Principal Software Engineer - Java, Cloud, Web ServicesChesterbrook, Pennsylvania 02/25/2019
Senior OR Principal Software Development Engineer at Dell Boomi
Dell Boomi is the market-leading provider of on-demand integration technology and the creator of AtomSphere, the industry's first-to-market Integration Cloud™. Dell Boomi partners with software providers and system integrators who use Dell Boomi’s integration platform as a service to deliver integration between their applications and any combination of cloud and on premise applications.
Dell Boomi received #1 rating in G2 Crowd GridSM for Cloud Data Integration and is located in Chesterfield, PA which is 23 miles from Philadelphia -
As an iPaaS and SaaS provider and leader, Dell Boomi develops, deploys, and operates mission critical data integrations for small, medium, and enterprise level customers.
Our Engineers within our Boomi team are thought leaders and have significant input into the design and direction of our product. Join us in our mission to make integration accessible to organizations of all sizes. Please see www.Boomi.com to learn more about us!
- Be a key part of the full product development lifecycle of software applications offered by Boomi
- Investigate and resolve complex customer issues
- Responsible for design, development and unit testing of the Boomi products including enhancements and/or resolution of any issues that may be reported
- Recommend best practices and techniques to customers
- Research, validate and recommend key technology decisions for the core platform and other customer facing offerings
- Mentoring of other Boomi engineers, including design collaboration and code reviews
- Be an active member of an Agile team, collaboratively realizing features through development, test, and delivery
- Work independently with a moderate level of guidance from engineering management
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 4 -10+ years of commercial experience in software development (we are open to filling this at either Senior OR Principal level) using the Java programming language including the use of some IDE with a solid understanding of object oriented design concepts for delivering and maintaining a software product
- Experience in architecting and implementing highly scalable, high throughput web applications and backend systems
- Technical understanding of SQL, JDBC, XML, Servlets, and Hibernate
- Knowledge of SOA concepts is required
- Technical understanding of Web Services technologies including REST, SOAP and WSDL is required
- Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like Git is required
- Knowledge of RIA technologies, especially GWT is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Work experience with an enterprise software or web company is important
Boomi Culture / Activities / Events
- Board game nights
- Soccer league team
- $100M Bowling celebration
- Greenlight Hackathon twice a year for a whole week
- Company picnics
- Team lunches
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
"DCAM3"Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R78565
Related Job Opportunities
- Principal Software Engineer, Data Science Team - Java, Cloud, Web Services Pennsylvania
- Senior API Management Product Manager Multiple Locations
- Associate, Systems Engineering Pennsylvania
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.