Senior Data Engineer (Remote) - Python or Java and AWS / SparkChesterbrook, Pennsylvania, Remote - California, United States (All Other);Remote - California, United States (Bay Area);Remote - California, United States (LA/Orange County);Remote - Colorado, United States;Remote - Florida, United States;Remote - Georgia, United States;Remote - Illinois, United States;Remote - Massachusetts, United States;Remote - New Jersey, United States;Remote - New York, United States (All Other);Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro);Remote - North Carolina, United States;Remote - Ohio, United States;Remote - Oregon, United States;Remote - Pennsylvania, United States;Remote - Tennessee, United States;Remote - Texas, United States 12/02/2019
Are you ready to work on world changing technologies? Today, organizations need to move with increased agility and insight to grow and thrive. Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the third year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant and recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes.
Dell Boomi provides the foundation on which your business can evolve and innovate. According to a recent survey by Vanson Bourne, connected businesses are far outpacing their competitors. We help organizations connect everything and engage everywhere across any channel, device or platform. More than 7,000 organizations are using Boomi to run better, faster and smarter.
Organizations across industries and geographies are seeking faster and smarter ways to modernize their digital infrastructure. But the increasing complexities of application and data integration is a growing challenge. And with the accelerating pace of business, companies can’t afford to spend months on complex and resource-intensive integration projects.
The Dell Boomi cloud-native platform provides revolutionary speed and ease for connecting any combination of on-premise or cloud-based applications for automating business process. Our unified platform includes robust support for core integration, master data, API, EDI and workflow management, all based on one unified, “low-code” development environment. By tapping the power of the Boomi platform, any organization can significantly shorten project times, reduce costs, streamline processes and boost productivity. Our technologies connect applications, assure data quality and automate workflows.
Working at Dell Boomi means doing what you love. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact in technology and want to build something big. If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Boomi. Learn more at http://www.boomi.com/ or visit Boomi Careers.
Are you looking for a one-of-a-kind opportunity and ready to work on world changing technologies? Are you passionate about analytics and knowledgeable about the supporting platforms that enable analytic solutions? How about building the next generation of the industry’s #1 Integration Platform as-a Service? At Dell Boomi, our vision is to harness the power of metadata by capturing the relationships and behaviors of applications and their interactions to reimagine and reinvent the customer experience.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be expected to architect end to end data solutions within a Data Lake / AWS environment and investigate state-of-the-art techniques in advanced Machine learning (ML) and statistical modeling. You will design, develop, and deploy state-of-the-art scalable systems for innovative analytics applications. You will develop tools for data scientists and assist with the development of solutions for business problems and product enhancements. You will have an opportunity to work with first-rate engineers, scientists, and experts on stimulating challenges. Our ideal candidate can demonstrate how they have applied analytic disciplines in addition to having a development background. You must have strong experience using a variety of data lake/data design / analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, with a proven ability to drive business results with data-based insight.
Ability to work remotely.
- 5+ years of hands on coding (Python or Java) on data engineering projects
- 3+ years developing end to end data solutions within a Data Lake and AWS environment
- Strong experience building solutions on Spark Architectures
- Build cost-effective tools and support structures to analyze data, perform elements of data cleaning, feature selection, feature engineering, and organize experiments with best practices.
- Design, develop, and maintain ingestion mechanisms and governance for data lakes.
- Research and stay up-to-date on the latest technology developments through continuous learning. Be solution-based and a champion for promising new methods.
- Collaborate and strategize on opportunities, cross-training, and knowledge transfer.
- Deliver standard, customized, and/or strategic solution demonstrations, proof of concepts, and presentations outlining functional capabilities.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Strong skills in software prototyping and engineering with expertise in applicable programming and analytics languages (Python, R, Java), in addition to open source Machine learning and analytics packages to generate deliverable modules and prototype demonstrations of your work.Bachelor's degree, preferably in Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related major with 5+ years of relevant subject area experience.
- Develop solutions within an AWS and Spark environment
- Vast knowledge of Machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Breadth of skills and experience in Machine learning (diverse types of data and sources, different types of learning models, diverse learning settings).
- Ability and inclination to work in multi-disciplinary environments, and a passion for ideas realized in practice.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
Boomi Culture & Event Highlights
- Dell Technology's complement of tools & solutions. Cross Selling with Dell
- Judging our accomplishment by the success of our team and excited to work collaboratively on cutting edge technology.
- Refusing to take short-cuts and vocal when you see a better way to solve a problem
- Accessibility to Leadership - How do WE succeed together philosophy!
- Board game nights
- Greenlight Hackathon twice a year
- Company picnics & team lunches
Dell Boomi Product Overview: https://youtu.be/AcwMPny1uCo
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Company Description – Dell Technologies:
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages
Job Family: Boomi Engineering Remote Job ID: R90852
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Principal Software Engineer North Carolina
- Data Center Systems Consultant - NJ Multiple Locations
- CMF Engineering Intern 2020 - Austin, TX DellDesign Texas