Senior Technical WriterChesterbrook, Pennsylvania 04/03/2019
Senior, Technical Writer
Are you ready to work on world changing technologies? Today, organizations need to move with increased agility and insight to grow and thrive. Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the third year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant and recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Dell Boomi provides the foundation on which your business can evolve and innovate. According to a recent survey by Vanson Bourne, connected businesses are far outpacing their competitors. We help organizations connect everything and engage everywhere across any channel, device or platform. More than 7,000 organizations are using Boomi to run better, faster and smarter.
Organizations across industries and geographies are seeking faster and smarter ways to modernize their digital infrastructure. But the increasing complexities of application and data integration is a growing challenge. And with the accelerating pace of business, companies can’t afford to spend months on complex and resource-intensive integration projects.
The Dell Boomi cloud-native platform provides revolutionary speed and ease for connecting any combination of on-premise or cloud-based applications for automating business process. Our unified platform includes robust support for core integration, master data, API, EDI and workflow management, all based on one unified, “low-code” development environment. By tapping the power of the Boomi platform, any organization can significantly shorten project times, reduce costs, streamline processes and boost productivity. Our technologies connect applications, assure data quality and automate workflows.
Working at Dell Boomi means doing what you love. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact in technology and want to build something big. If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Boomi. Learn more at http://www.boomi.com/ or visit Boomi Careers.
- Gather technical information from primary and secondary sources.
- Write concisely to deliver and maintain effective technical documentation for both technical and non-technical users in accordance with Boomi Style.
- Engage other documentation specialists to suggest improvements that may benefit the documentation experience for both writers and customers, including gaps in content.
- Create effective graphics and videos that compliment and supplement written content.
- Use software and issue-tracking tools to verify the accuracy of your work.
- Work independently and as part of a small Agile team.
- Strong English communication skills. Candidates will be asked to provide writing samples of conceptual, procedural, and reference content.
- Excellent graphics skills. Candidates will be asked to provide samples of illustrations of concepts.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, flexible office environment with a willingness to learn. Additionally, you have the ability to engage with SME's and do independent research in order to deliver important information to users.
- Experience with DITA XML or other XML-related technologies and structured authoring. Experience with video creation/production experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, English, or related major with 4-8 years of relevant writing experience.
- Experience in writing, editing, and organizing technical content according to accessibility standards.
- Experience in conducting accessibility testing within technical documentation content.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Engineering-Services Job ID: R40325