Senior UX ResearcherChesterbrook, Pennsylvania 02/25/2019
Dell Boomi is a highly collaborative, rapidly-growing product development company that designs cloud-based integration software for enterprise architects, data stewards, business analysts, and administrators. The products we design enable our customers to build complex processes with ease and familiarity through a visual interface; manage and synchronize data across domains; and control the creation, deployment and management of APIs.
Boomi is consistently named as a leader in iPaaS, and as one of Philadelphia’s Best Places to Work. For more information about Boomi, visit http://www.boomi.com
We’re looking for a UX Researcher with a focus on qualitative methods to join our User Experience team.
You’ll play a critical role in shaping the direction of our work at Dell Boomi, from Discovery through Implementation. You’ll guide the discovery process to ensure that we’re defining and prioritizing features of value, and assess and measure usability to identify areas of improvement. This is a unique opportunity to join an emerging research niche within a highly-valued UX team, as we expand our research strategy and its role in the Agile development cycle.
We want someone who takes initiative and feedback equally well. Under the guidance of the Research Principal, you’ll be working side-by-side with your UX Design peers, to sometimes drive & sometimes support the research activities they perform. We’re a fluid, collaborative product team: you’ll also be working closely with Quality Engineers, Developers, Technical Writers, Program Managers, and Product Owners.
This role reports to the Director of User Experience.
Your responsibilities include:
- Exhibiting broad knowledge of qualitative research methods and how / when to apply them
- Learning complex technological concepts, and then communicating them in plain language
- Identifying opportunities for improvement, and validating their impact through discovery and research methods
- Running usability tests
- Writing and presenting findings to internal stakeholders, such as Product Managers and the Executive Leadership
- Collaborating and communicating across teams and roles
- Contributing to our UI guidelines and their maintenance
- Contributing to the development of personas and use cases
- Analyzing the outcomes of usability testing and user research and interviews, and making recommendations based on your findings
This position requires:
- Professional experience conducting research efforts for product development and/or complex business systems and applications
- Strong empathy for our customers, and the ability to discover and define their business needs
- A broad skill set of qualitative research methods
- Comfort conducting usability testing outside of a lab
- Occasional travel spanning 2-5 days (<10%)
- Experience facilitating design workshops and requirements-gathering research
- Flexibility and adaptability: you must be comfortable with ‘just enough research’ and be able to operate within an agile environment
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Willingness to recruit internal participants
- The desire to collaborate, with the ability to operate with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize
- The ability to provide and accept constructive criticism
- Commitment to advocating for our users
- Familiarity with WCAG 2.x guidelines, and a value for designing inclusively
- Background in User Experience
- Strong business acumen
- Examples of your work: a portfolio, website, or dropbox of case studies and outcomes
- Visual thinkers with an affinity for the whiteboard
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Familiarity with Creative Cloud, and rapid prototyping tools (e.g., InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Experience with online testing tools, such as Optimal Workshop
- Understanding and familiarity with quantitative research
- Involvement in the UX community
Boomi is located in Chesterbrook, PA and is close to great shops, dining, and SEPTA regional rail. We have a relaxed office environment with intelligent, supportive colleagues, brightly colored walls, and lots of whiteboard surfaces.
Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R91469
Related Job Opportunities
- Software Senior Principal Engineer Pennsylvania
- Senior Integration Consultant (100% Remote or Chesterbrook, PA) Multiple Locations
- Principal Software Quality Engineer - Data Science Team Pennsylvania
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.