Software Principal Engineer - Master Data Management (Remote/Virtual)
Primary Location: Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania
Remote - California, United States (Bay Area); Remote - California, United States (LA/Orange County); Remote - Connecticut, United States (NY Metro); Remote - Delaware, United States; Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - Charles, Prince Georges, Montgomery); Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - Michigan, United States; Remote - New Jersey, United States; Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro); Remote - Pennsylvania, United States; Remote - Texas, United States
Principal Software Engineer - Master Data Management
Chesterbrook, PA or Remote
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Principal Engineer on our R&D team in Chesterbrook, PA (or Remote).
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Responsible for the software design and development for external customer products.
- Participate in the full product development lifecycle of software applications.
- Perform unit testing of proprietary products.
- Implement enhancements and resolutions of reported issues. Establish features through
- development, testing, and delivery.
- Recommend best practices and techniques to internal and external users.
- Research, validate, and recommend key technology decisions for core platform, and other
- customer-facing offerings.
- Collaborate with other engineers in design and code review processes and serve as an active
- member of Agile team.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study.
- 8 years+ of professional experience in software development using the Java programming language with a solid understanding of object-oriented design concepts for delivering and maintaining a software product.
- Technical expertise in SQL, JDBC, XML, Servlets, Hibernate, and multi-threaded programming.
- Technical expertise in Web Services technologies including REST, SOAP and WSDL.
- Experience with relational database systems .
- Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like Git.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with IPaaS/Application integration.
- Familiarity with master data management concepts and technologies.
- Familiarity with AWS managed services, including Elasticsearch.
- Experience developing microservices with tools such as Spring Boot.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: Open until filled
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R083828