Senior PreSales Systems Engineer-HCI Enterprise/Globals - Austin, TX , LA, Denver, Chicago, SLC & Boston or Remote USA
- Round Rock, Texas
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
HCI PreSales Systems Engineer – MDC - Austin, TX or Remote USA
Locations: North America - Open to Travel - This position will support enterprise, enterprise preferred and global accounts.
Do you thrive in a complex, highly collaborative technology sales environment? Do you strive to sell for a consistent industry leader? If this is you, then “Think Dell!”
As an HCIPresales Engineer who has experience in Virtualization, we want you to talk to you about joining our Modern Data Center Enterprise Team. Our MDC team is an Elite Specialty Sales Organization with a passion for helping clients achieve transformational business outcomes through the use of disruptive technologies and solutions. We incubate, accelerate, and scale new businesses for Dell Technologies. Being part of Dell Technologies Presales means you will find stability, collaboration, and most importantly, a long-term, positive financial future with an amazing company culture.
What is our sales team’s secret to success? Apply today to learn more about the Dell EMC team of Dell Technologies!
Exciting Things You Will Do
- Consult and design solutions to support customer business requirements and future strategies for Dell EMC expanding portfolio of hyperconverged products and services, including our new VxRail™ appliances and VxRack™ Systems.
- Work with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Dell EMC solutions, and train the account team.
- Anticipate technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into Dell EMC's engineering and marketing organizations.
- Successfully build relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Lead technical sales calls
- Configure and document Dell EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives.
- Qualify customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Present and market the design and value of proposed EMC solution and business case to customers, prospects and Dell EMC management.
How your experience will help you hit the ground running:
- 5- 8 + years of related experience as a Presales Engineer
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Converged and/or hyper-converged infrastructure, VMware & Cisco technologies
- Previous experience with Dell EMC Storage a plus, but not required.
- Software Defined Networking experience desired
- Software Defined Storage experience desired
- High level business case development experience
- Results driven with a strong sense of urgency
- Consultative Approach, Customer Focused
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans. Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Dell EMC solutions, and train the account team. Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into Dell EMC's engineering and marketing organizations. Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate. Leads technical sales calls Configures and documents Dell EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately. Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding. Assumes leadership role in District Sales and Services Leadership Meetings. Presents and markets the design and value of proposed Dell EMC solution and business case to customers, prospects and Dell EMC management. Participates in mentorship of more junior TC family members. Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications. Dell EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careersJob Family: Engineering Systems-Engineer Sales Pre-Sales Remote Job ID: R046915
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Chicago Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.