Senior Systems Engineer (Commercial Pre-Sales - Chicago)
- Chicago, Illinois
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
We are looking for a Senior System Engineer to join the Commercial Pre-Sales Team and provide proactive technical expertise during the sales process. Our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
What makes this exciting:
Take a lead role in providing the technology that transforms a business.
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address & dispel customer objections to DELL solutions, & train the account team
- Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners & customers in support of sales team objectives & engages & leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets & personnel as appropriate. Leads technical sales calls
- Configures & documents DELL software, hardware & service solutions to meet customer & sales objectives. Completes required presales documentation quickly & accurately
- Works with Sales Team to develop & implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product & service & sales plans for Enterprise Products. Detailed product knowledge. Previous hands-on experience in the data center environment, with expertise spanning storage, virtualization, convergence, Cloud and/or Big Data
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address & dispel customer objections to DELL solutions, & train the account team.
How your experience will help you hit the ground running:
- Typically requires 8+ years of experience and a Bachelor's degree
- Extensive pre-sales, enterprise architecture or related experience
- Expertise in multiple enterprise/data center technologies that may include but not limited to Compute, Networking, Storage, Virtualization, CI/HCI, DevOps and Cloud Operating/Consumption Models. Working knowledge of Storage Analysis and Monitoring Tools
- Competitive understanding of the different storage vendors offerings from HDS, IBM, Oracle, NetApp, etc.
- Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of the IT Organization
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Systems-Engineer Sales Pre-Sales Job ID: R047783
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Chicago Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.