Advisory Solutions Principal
Primary Location: United States
Advisory Solutions Principal
The Data Center Solution Principal lives in a world between sales leadership and services delivery. The Data Center Solution Principal is experienced at architecting and evangelizing technology solutions.
The Data Center Solution Principal is a dynamic speaker and presenter of technology solutions.
The Data Center Data Center Solution Principal with a High-end Storage Services (Residency, Deployment and Converged Infrastructure/Hyper-converged Infrastructure) focus is a unique role in our organization. In this role, you will help define and grow the High-end Storage services business by working directly with customers, sales, delivery leads, Dell Technologies Solutioning Team and subject matter experts across the Dell Technologies High-end Storage business. You will work in a fast-paced, challenging environment, with a focus on customers and driving business results.
You will have the opportunity to help architect services solutions for our customers’ toughest IT challenges, in particular helping customers implement services across the Dell Technologies deployment and consulting services portfolio.
Our customer base in the United States includes some of the largest aerospace, financial, healthcare, high technology, insurance, and manufacturing businesses in the world. You will have the opportunity to present to some of the greatest minds in the IT industry. Success requires a dynamic, hard-working, professionally mature, and technology savvy individual who has demonstrated an ability to lead based on experience, knowledge, passion and competence. The Data Center Data Center Solution Principal is expected to spend approximately 70% of their time working service led sales pursuits with the Dell Technologies Services (DTS) sales team and delivery organizations, 15% of time in proactive demand generation activities with the sales organization, and 15% of time growing proficiency in the Dell Technologies High-end storage services and consulting offerings to enable continued growth and success in the role.
- Roles and Responsibilities
The Data Center Solution Principal role will be responsible for:
- Working with the core sales organizations articulate our unique perspective on GTM service solutions and credentialing our delivery capabilities using success stories to meet customer needs.
- Gathering, documenting, and understanding customer specific scope requirements and expectations for value-based outcomes in coordination with the Services Account Executives (SAEs).
- Collaborating and working with other Solutions Principals within the Solutioning Team organization, Delivery Leads and Subject Matter Experts, as well as, other business partners to develop solution proposals to satisfy customer specific scope requirements and value-based outcomes. Required solution proposals/deliverables include:
- Scope objectives based on customer requirements.
- Major project work streams, activities, deliverables, and timeline to achieve customer outcomes.
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities between core sales team roles, customer roles, and business partner roles.
- Proposed service fees and terms for Dell Technologies delivery and/or business partner resource level of effort and bottoms-up expense estimates.
- Critical assumptions that need to be true to support the project timeline and proposed service fees.
- Working with Dell Technologies Delivery Leads, Solutioning Team and Subject Matter Experts to develop Statements of Work consistent with the terms approved during reviews. Providing Core Sales Teams support during customer scope and legal negotiations of Statements of Work.
- Owning and driving transition of customer awarded Statements of Work and expectations to Dell Technologies Delivery Teams, as well as participating during internal project kickoffs. Updating Salesforce.com opportunities with pursuit team contribution
Qualifications and Education Requirements
A candidate for the Data Center Solution Principal role should possess the following qualifications:
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or related field job experience.
- Understanding of IT Transformation concepts.
- Understanding of emerging technologies, trends and solutions (i.e. Converged and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Public or Private Clouds, X-as-a-Service, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to tailor offerings to the meet the unique aspects of a given customer scenario and thus maximize the value of our solution(s).
- Excellent communication skills including active listening, proposal and statement of work writing, and delivery of white board or formal presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, highly matrix organization with a strong desire to lead diverse teams thru multiple sales campaigns to completion.
- A strong and persuasive sales-oriented personality that can partner with and influence the Dell Technologies Sales Teams, the Solutioning Team and Delivery Teams to position and win services business.
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 02/15/2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R077774