Director, Worldwide Connected Sales Planning - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Columbus,Ohio
As a member of the Worldwide Sales Planning and Incentives (SPI) organization, you will drive change and enhancement to the sales planning platform in Anaplan. The ideal candidate will partner closely with regional sales operations, leaders within SPI and VMware IT development partners to better understand the sales planning process, gather best practices to join people, data, and plans together to drive the adoption of Anaplan as the planning platform.
The ideal candidate earns trust through design thinking, data architecture, and relationship building. They have experience in program management and can articulate a vision of the connected planning system to meet business objectives and can execute a plan to realize the vision in a multi-year, multi-million implementation project.
The candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for identifying and eliminating bottlenecks in the annual sales planning process, simplifying and standardizing where there's complexity, and has the foresight to anticipate sales ops needs, make trade-offs, and balance business requirements despite time and resource constraints.
You should have experience managing complex global IT platform in large, multi-national, preferably tech organizations. The ideal candidate has broad IT architecture skills, sales operations, and program management experience. Strong judgement as well as a demonstrated ability to influence without explicit authority are key to success.
Preference for this position to be in one of the following locations: Austin, TX USA or Virtual as approved.
- Deliver an efficient and effective end-end sales planning ecosystem.
- Work with the SPI Functional Leaders to prioritize Anaplan-wide needs and requirements.
- Ensure organization vision and sales strategy are integrated with Anaplan model architecture.
- Work directly with regional sales ops leaders to understand, prioritize, and advise on application focus and rollout.
- Influence effectively across all areas and levels of the organization.
- Drive the adoption of platform functionality as released
- Managing multiple Anaplan projects simultaneously while adhering to project SOW’s, milestones, and deliverables.
- Partner closely with IT, BTA and EDA to ensure timely project execution
- Identify issues and challenges related to sales strategy projects and drive timely resolution.
- 7+ years of experience in sales planning, sales operations or GTM planning.
- 10+ years of experience within enterprise IT development or IT consulting firm
- 4+ years of experience with Anaplan or similar multi-dimensional planning software
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, MIS, or related field(s)
- Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
- Detail-oriented with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize for the long-term
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Depth in process mapping, redesign, and execution/change management
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience performing data analysis using database SQL queries and extraction; advanced spreadsheet/data manipulation
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Business Operations Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-15
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2107333