Ecosystem Solutions Architect - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Columbus,Ohio
Manager, Ecosystem Solutions
Worldwide Partner and Commercial Organization (WPCO), VMware
Job Role and Responsibility
The Manager of Ecosystem Solutions is accountable for the go-to-market strategy for go-to-market strategy for VMware’s cross-franchise, ecosystem solutions. This role will report to the Sr. Director of Ecosystem Solutions and will help to manage VMware’s efforts to provide scalable, compelling & easily consumed solutions aligned with business outcomes/use cases in order to drive superior customer experiences within a robust partner ecosystem. The successful candidate will collaborate with VMware business units, partner engineering and sales teams to evangelize new solutions and capabilities for partners by way of having a presence at key briefings and industry events.
The ideal candidate has strong technical acumen and proven expertise in driving effective technology solutions in a highly matrixed environment. The role requires a track record of balancing strategic thinking, driving transformational change, and executional rigor delivering on current business priorities. This is a highly cross functional role requiring close collaboration and a jointly accountable operating model between WPCO & VMware product business units, field sales, solutions marketing, and the SaaS & lifecycle services leader.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Manage execution of VMware’s WPCO ecosystem solutions strategy.
- Accountable for helping to deliver on WPCO’s technical vision, business architecture, & POV including lighthouse and proof-of-concept processes.
- Helping to drive VMware’s scale strategy through RTM marketplaces.
- Provide thought leadership for industry-specific mature & emerging patterns; build and execute industry and vertical solutions incubation framework.
- Successful collaboration with sales and sales operations teams through deep understanding of field and partner organizations.
- 8+ years’ experience in strategy & business planning, and building transformational frameworks within a highly matrixed software sales environment
- Solid understanding of Partner ecosystems, software sales cycles, SaaS consumption models, and customer success.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership skills with the ability to create and drive vision across organizations.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills; proven ability to work with a diverse team and influence and drive change across functional and business boundaries in a face- paced environment.
- Technical depth & understanding of lifecycle capabilities required to drive maximum business outcome ROI for a given solution set; trusted advisor to sales leadership.
- The ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, be able to manage multiple stakeholders and groups simultaneously and have strong communications skills.
- Possesses highest level of integrity, honesty and professionalism.
- Software sales experience
- Consulting experience
- Degree in Marketing, Business or Finance
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Strategic Planning
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2101397