Intern - Cloud Architecture Forum - Project Eiffel (IAM) - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Columbus,Ohio
As an intern on the Cloud Architecture Forum team, you will be working with a cross-functional set of groups including the identity and access management (IAM), cloud services platform, and workload control plane teams. You will be driving the development of supporting libraries and tools using (and helping to define) a new Innersource model – opensource within VMware.
Job Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Putting together a structure for collaboration on common code bases using tools like Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, Slack.
- Working with teams to educate and evangelize the IAM components and tools.
- Ensuring developed code follows current best security practices for standard protocols like OAuth2, SCIM, and OpenID Connect.
- Determining what works best and codifying those processes for future teams.
- You are pursuing a Masters degree in Computer Science or related area
- You are comfortable in designing and developing algorithms, data structures, with possess strong computer science distributed system fundamentals
- You have prior experience with Open Source projects is a definite asset, as well as programming in Java.
- You have experience developing or integrating with identity and access management systems, preferably using standard identity federation protocols like OAuth and SAML.
- You are comfortable making project prioritization decisions based on security impact.
- You have a focus on data-driven approaches to solving problems, and accelerating the learning process to validate solutions.
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners.
- Experience with Open Source and Agile development methodologies.
- Prior experience making contributions to open source initiatives.
- Working knowledge of IAM specifications and protocols, e.g. OAuth, OIDC, SCIM, etc.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2010884