Senior Manager Solution Engineering, SLED - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Philadelphia,Pennsylvania
Columbus,Ohio,USA; Virginia Beach,Virginia,USA;
Are you a seasoned leader hoping to apply your experience to the next exciting frontier in technology sales?
Now is the time to join the most exciting company in Cloud and Digital Workspace.
VMware helps our customers achieve digital transformation with a comprehensive portfolio of integrated solutions. The platform is comprised of a wide range of products and services; covering many of the capabilities required by exceptional IT operators and developers. VMware earns its seat at the table because of this broad set of capabilities, and IT executives can’t help but pay attention to the innovations that VMware brings.
Essential to our customer’s success is the role of the Solution Engineering (SE) leader. As an SE Manager, you will ensure proper development of the SEs across VMware technologies, domain expertise, and salesmanship. You will lead with credibility, ensuring that you are also fully developed across these categories. You will be highly engaged with customers yourself, helping to articulate VMware’s strategy at a higher level than your direct reports. You will support the company’s strategy, encouraging your team to execute the mission as it pertains to their function. And finally, you will craft a strong franchise with the Region Director(s) you map to, running the business as though you are executive leaders of a small company.
At VMware, we have the right strategy at the right time. We're a highly profitable company; increasingly rare among our peers. We benefit from insightful leadership that will carry us well into the future. We consistently place in Forbes' Best 100 Companies to Work For. We have a strong culture of diversity and inclusion, and we'd love for you to be at VMware too.
- Work tightly with assigned Region Director(s) to identify “line-of-sight” to the annual plan. The region plan should incorporate all dimensions of the business, including how to overachieve the target, customer whitespace to pursue, how partners and ecosystem are leveraged, marketing, networking through industry associations, etc.
- Stay up to date on current events and be a student of the industry and culture.
- Assist in delivering compelling executive briefings.
- Articulate the ways VMware solutions provide increased business value and improved technical capability when compared to our competitors.
- Train and mentor sales peers.
- Be responsible for the performance and development of direct reports.
- Assist in technically closing complex and competitive opportunities by providing critical oversight of those directly engaged.
- Celebrate key wins.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge in assigned technology on an ongoing basis. Never languish in personal development.
- Map identified customer business requirements to probable VMware solutions. Recommend 3rd party integrations as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years of successful sales engineering experience in IT domains. Examples include systems virtualization, SDDC, cloud, network security, mobile management, DevOps, SAN, etc.
- Certifications such as TOGAF, ITIL, Agile CSM or CSPO strongly preferred but not required.
- Presentation-ready knowledge of several VMware or competitor solutions.
- Willingness to drive SE development and mentorship.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong business insight and motivated to develop partnership.
- Strong networker.
- Ability to relate to a variety of technical staff and managers in customer environments. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad product and solution knowledge of SLED vertical market trends and exposure to complex procurement processes in SLED.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2111353