Member Technical Staff - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Columbus,Ohio
Indianapolis,Indiana,USA; Seattle,Washington,USA; Detroit,Michigan,USA; Portland,Oregon,USA; Chicago,Illinois,USA; Dallas,Texas,USA; Miami,Florida,USA; Boston,Massachusetts,USA; Wichita,Kansas,USA; Boston,Massachusetts,USA; Jacksonville,Florida,USA; Nashville,Tennessee,USA; Austin,Texas,USA; Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,USA; San Francisco,California,USA; Phoenix,Arizona,USA; Baltimore,Maryland,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; Charlotte,North Carolina,USA; Atlanta,Georgia,USA; Newark,New Jersey,USA; Bridgeport,Connecticut,USA; New York,New York,USA; Washington,D.C.,USA;
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement features in a highly-scalable microservice environment, built on Kubernetes, hosted on AWS.
- Design, develop, deploy and monitor a set of distributed applications built to search and access petabytes of data.
- Guide development of Restful APIs, following VMware’s API standards, to provide access to relational and NoSQL data stores.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Proactively move the technology base to use the latest tools and frameworks for best performance; considering costs and scale.
- Support existing production code and improve performance and implement feature enhancements to our most advanced products.
What You’ll Bring
You’ll bring an insatiable curiosity and boundless energy coupled with the desire to “do things right”. You’ll plan for high-performance computing and build and improve a highly scalable and reliable system to process and store massive amounts of customer data.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related degree
- Java, Go
- Relational and NoSQL technologies
- AWS & ElasticSearch
- CI/CD methodologies
This position is eligible for CarbonBlackUSA referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2111434