Senior Software Engineer- Telco Cloud Applications - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Columbus,Ohio
Senior Software Engineer- Telco Cloud Applications
TCOPs - R&D Development, USA
VMware Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit is looking for a highly motived Senior Software Engineer to be part of a growing team that is building a Telco Cloud Operations (TCOps) to accelerate the journey towards 5G. VMware Telco Cloud Solutions enables Communication Service Providers(CSP) to reliably build, manage and run new generations of Network Functions across Multi-Cloud.
CSPs are looking to adopt virtualization and cloud technologies to transform the delivery of core network services and become providers of rich 5G and IoT services. With a proven track record in virtualization and cloud technologies and services, honed over 20 years of delivering best in class solutions to the Enterprise sector, VMware is ideally placed to be a leading vendor in Telco Cloud solutions for digital transformation and already commands a leading market share in this market segment.
TCOps is a real-time automated service assurance solution designed to bridge the gap between the virtual and physical worlds. It provides integrated monitoring and network management across all layers for rapid insights, lower costs and improved customer experience. TCOps is built on a modern, microservice architecture, offering a web-based user interface and dashboard, high-performance streaming services, and an extensible platform for data collection, fault and performance management.
Job Role and Responsibility:
The Telco Cloud Operations (TCOps) development team is looking for a skilled Senior Software Engineer to Design/Develop GA features for highly complex requirements of Service Assurance Product components specifically for RAN/5G/SD-WAN/CNF assurance/NFV/L2/L3 networking related features.
- Searching for talented, dynamic, hands-on Senior R&D/Development Engineers.
- You will be part of VMware TCOps R&D division at Palo Alto, CA.
- In this role, you will design/develop/support Service Assurance Product components, specifically GA features for key Product lines (RAN/5G/SD-WAN/SDN/NFV) using Restful interface
- The software will provide a deep integration with VMware products, Third Party Products and Open Stack based software.
- You should be able to analyse requirements, architect product components and build them.
- You will act as a senior developer, technical lead and consultant at Individual contributor level on solving problems and implementing solutions for existing and new customer base.
- Effective communication with internal VMware teams, VMware customers and partners is expected.
- You will contribute to Development and Product Engineering
- VMware provides equal opportunity for growth, based on skills and potential.
- Possess 5+ Years of experience in Software Development in the areas of Service Assurance for Networking, Compute, Software-Defined and Virtualisation domains
- Possess Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Computer Applications
- Substantial experience with Network/Telecom protocols : understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols including switching technologies, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting and Address Management, firewalling and load balancer
- Prior experience in design and coding of Management/provisioning software for Network, Compute and Storage infrastructure
- Experience with microservice development (K8s, Containers)
- Knowledge of enterprise/telecom networks
- Experience in developing large scale, multi-threaded, distributed applications in an Agile based development process.
- Strong understanding of programming in Linux and Windows Operating systems
- Hands on experience in Core Java/C/C++/Python/SNMP/Database (Elastic Search)
- Strong understanding in Programming using REST API
- Prior experience in one of RAN/5G/SDN/SDWAN/NFV/CNF technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing IT infrastructure Service Assurance Solutions
- Stream processing using Flink/Spark, Kafka as message bus.
- Ability to deploy Service Assurance systems for Telcos and CSPs
- Earlier experience in building adapters for NMS domain
- Understanding of SOAP, Kafka, Spring, Open source database systems
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103583