Sr Dir Global Cloud Sales Acceleration & Transformation - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Columbus,Ohio
Indianapolis,Indiana,USA; Seattle,Washington,USA; Detroit,Michigan,USA; Portland,Oregon,USA; Chicago,Illinois,USA; Dallas,Texas,USA; Miami,Florida,USA; Wichita,Kansas,USA; Boston,Massachusetts,USA; Jacksonville,Florida,USA; Nashville,Tennessee,USA; Austin,Texas,USA; Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,USA; San Francisco,California,USA; Phoenix,Arizona,USA; Baltimore,Maryland,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; Charlotte,North Carolina,USA; Atlanta,Georgia,USA; Newark,New Jersey,USA; Bridgeport,Connecticut,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; New York,New York,USA; Washington,D.C.,USA;
The Sr Dir of Global Cloud Sales Acceleration & Transformation plays a critical role in supporting the SVP of WW Global Sales to successfully navigate and deliver the results of a multi-faceted $3B hyper-growth sales organization for VMware. This executive leadership role reporting directly to the SVP of Global Cloud Sales manages global teams of senior-level direct reports while driving influence cross-functionally through executive stakeholders.
The Sr Dir of Global Cloud Sales Acceleration & Transformation is a critical role for global cloud sales and continuously evolving. You will be a crucial member of the Global Cloud Sales Senior Leadership Team responsible for accelerating multi-cloud sales and influencing SaaS transformation across all supporting functions, product BU’s, operational teams, global marketing, and our GEO/ecosystem teams to achieve success at scale.
In this role, you will be directly responsible for developing and executing strategic go-to-market plans and strategies to accelerate sales while improving market penetration, sales effectiveness, and efficiency in delivery against our cloud sales objectives and SaaS transformational business priorities.
The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of expertise in go-to-market business and operations acumen, leadership, agility, analytical, communication, and relationship management. This individual has balanced passions for strategic planning and sales acceleration while leveraging data-driven insights to accelerate against market opportunities. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to drive influence and action at all levels,” embodying the notion of “think strategically and execute flawlessly.”
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop a unified multi-cloud & multi-cloud management transformational growth strategy, planning alignment and initiatives while driving optimizing for scale across global cloud sales team.
- Define, drive, and align a unified execution plan and governance model across cross-functional stakeholders within Business Units, Global Marketing, Finance, Operations, RACE, Customer Experience, Partner, and GEO Sales teams.
- Incubate new SaaS selling teams/offerings to accelerate time to market while developing future scale strategies.
- Cultivate and lead senior teams and centers of execution across cloud sales acceleration, cloud/SaaS incubation, community and activation engines, Multi-cloud economists, and business management/ transformation offices.
- Continuously evolve new customer acquisitions, expansion, and retention strategies to maximize against market opportunities at scale.
- Drive consistent and globally aligned processes to optimize and stabilize across the entire customer lifecycle while maximizing the overall value chain.
- Accelerates sales performance through flawless execution while continuously improves productivity through data-driven governance models & unified frameworks.
- Activate growth engines for multi-cloud solutions and services across multiple geographies, segments, routes to market, and complex ecosystem channels.
- Operational ownership and execution of the annual planning process for the Global Cloud Sales including Hyperscalers, VMware Cloud, Multi-Cloud Management, Service Provider Customers including geographies, org structures, accounts, coverage, capacity, planning, target setting, territory, segmentation, compensation, and goals.
- Implement consistent frameworks to manage, monitor, and communicate critical insights to executive sales leadership across e-staff forums—support SSR DIR in turning insights into actionable plans to accelerate or course correct as appropriate.
- Manage the field community and activation teams responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive organizational readiness strategy across global cloud sales, core sales, strategic pursuits, and hyperscaler ecosystem.
- Establish frameworks and governance models to support intake, prioritization, planning, and execution cadence strategies on behalf of the global cloud sales team
The ideal candidate is passionate about field success and has a proven track record in supporting rapid growth through combining Sales, Operations, Indirect market expertise, GTM Strategy, and financial planning. They are a diagonal thinker who can connect transformational strategies and influence others to flawless execution. They appreciate the need to bring analysis, creativity, and process efficiency to enable ongoing operational and strategic sales success. They love diving deep into data and can see beyond the numbers to structure recommendations and drive sound decision-making. They have a track record of collaborating with and influencing leaders in other business areas. They are recognized as being best in class at what they do, working to, and holding others accountable to the highest performance standards and integrity. They are of a strategic mindset, yet detailed oriented with a keen understanding of field challenges, can see and detect friction points and problem-solve through them to enhance their productivity. You are the right-hand person for the SVP of Global Cloud Sales.
- Strong experience in a field sales and sales strategy role
- SaaS / Cloud experience with an understanding of various routes to market, including indirect, direct, managed service provider, and distribution
- Expertise in developing new markets and teams along with establishment and management of cross-organizational governance models
- Demonstrated understanding and solid command of VMware’s functional operation model and business across all business dimensions.
- Results-driven with a powerful ability to analyze quantitative data to identify and communicate business performance effectiveness and recommend actions
- Experience building high-performance teams
- Strong influencing skills and ability to work effectively cross-functionally at executive levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop scalable analytical frameworks to solve complex business issues
- Execution & results-oriented
- Strong strategic, business, and financial acumen
- Knowledge and experience in building field best practices to enhancing productivity, speed, and scale.
- Inspiring leadership characteristics that drive a high performing team and ensure everyone brings their best selves to work
- Ability to balance the demands of supporting a global team in multiple time zones and engaging appropriately across all levels of the organization.
- Role model’s VMware’s EPIC2 values and leads through our Leadership code
- Lifetime learner and fierce collaborator
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Strategic Planning
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2110559