Sr. Software Engineer - Tanzu Azure Spring Cloud - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Columbus,Ohio
Indianapolis,Indiana,USA; Seattle,Washington,USA; Detroit,Michigan,USA; Toronto, Canada; Portland,Oregon,USA; Chicago,Illinois,USA; Dallas,Texas,USA; Staines,,UK; Miami,Florida,USA; Wichita,Kansas,USA; Boston,Massachusetts,USA; Jacksonville,Florida,USA; Nashville,Tennessee,USA; Austin,Texas,USA; Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,USA; San Francisco,California,USA; Phoenix,Arizona,USA; Munich,,Germany; Baltimore,Maryland,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; Charlotte,North Carolina,USA; Atlanta,Georgia,USA; Newark,New Jersey,USA; Bridgeport,Connecticut,USA; New York,New York,USA; Washington,D.C.,USA;
100% Remote Role!
Come join VMware’s new exciting Modern Applications Platform Business Unit (MAPBU), made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. VMware customers are increasingly deploying containers as the foundation of their application modernization efforts. The MAPBU team delivers best-in-class enterprise cloud-native solutions – supporting container frameworks such as Kubernetes.
You will be joining our Spring Commercial team within the Tanzu Dev Ecosystems group. Thishighly distributedand largely remote-only Tanzu team is chartered with ensuring our Spring commercial products are packaged and operated as first-class Azure managed services as part ofAzure Spring Cloud. Initially, the focus is on productizing Spring Cloud Services, but there are more to follow, including the VMware Tanzu products such as Spring Cloud Gateway and Spring Cloud Data Flow and others. You will be joining a fast-paced, startup-like team laser-focused on bringing Spring and Azure developer experiencestogether .
Responsibilities in this Role:
- Building API's & Spring Microservices from scratch (We are not buildingapps,we are building tools for engineers when using the Spring Framework/Azure Spring Cloud).
- Verifying compatibility & ensuring migration/upgrade paths are as seamless as possible and incrementally delivering Spring’s commercial value adds to the Azure team. At times this may require working on the commercial products themselves to meet any of these requirements and you will be engaging directly with the other Tanzu teams who are iterating on those backlogs.
- Deploying applications intoKubernetes and debugging them as needed.
-Interacting with the Azure team at Microsoft to partner on the execution of this project.
- Providing technical direction to the team around design/high quality code/best practices within a project.
- Being productive in this distributed team requires strong communication skillsand over time you may have the opportunity to interface with many other parts of the organization, work with customers and/or present the product at events/conferences.
Some of these terminologies may not sound familiar to you, and that’s ok! We believe diversity is important at all levels. If you have a passion to learn, we will work with you to become a contributing member of the team.
- 5+ years of Java/Spring development experience deploying applications into Cloud Environments.
- Kubernetes Deployment experience- Ability to prepare code to be deployed into clusters.
- Experience leading a team within a project- you will provide technical direction to other team members, review code, etc.
- Great communication skills.
- Strong commitment to writing and maintaining high quality code.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
Additional Skills Highly Desired:
- Azure Spring Cloud Experience.
-Previous experience building tools for development teams
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108617