Program Manager, Professional Services
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Program Manager?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
The Program Manager will manage a portfolio of engagements and/or multi-phased projects for a single enterprise or global customer. The person in this role can take a highly complex program with multiple phases, interrelated work streams, and different stakeholders and manage it holistically. The Program Manager is the single point of contact for the entire program of work and will have other project manager(s) reporting to him/her. The Program Manager has revenue and margin responsibility and is a client facing role. Success KPI’s for this role will include:
- High Customer satisfaction score
- Revenue and margin achievement for the Program
- Demonstratable account growth through Project Change Requests and Opportunity Identification
- Team and individual billable utilization
- Delivering a positive business outcome to our key Global and Enterprise customers while managing VMware consultants, Subcontracting partners and Project Managers
- Engaging proactively with executive level key customer stakeholders
- Successful technical and commercial escalation management
- Coaching and mentor Project Managers in managing overall project risks and taking corrective action in a proactive manner to mitigate those risks
- Providing clear and timely communication regarding the status of the program – schedule, budget, progress to date, risks etc. to relevant stakeholders
- Engaging with Sales and Account teams to support them in identifying and driving account growth opportunities
- Represent VMware PS delivery on customer and third-party program steering committees
- You demonstrate strong leadership and effective decision making and are not afraid to do things differently to achieve the necessary outcomes - think out-of-the-box, and define standards
- You are structured, organized and understand the importance of regularly and sometimes overly communicating to key stakeholders including at C level
- You are adept at conflict management / resolution to ensure positive working relationships and project productivity.
- You love to input to continuous improvement of project delivery processes – methodology, best practices, efficiencies etc.
- Influences / drives recognition & rewards for project team members
- You set the standard with regard to reaching agreement in challenging or unique situations
- You are known for able to handle objections and foresee and avoid conflicts.
- You have the ability to take a holistic view of a situation and provide direction to VMware Executive stakeholders on the right course of action to take
- At least 15 years of infrastructure management experience 10 of which should be in an external customer facing role as a Senior Project Management, Program Manager or Service Delivery Manager
- Proven successful management of $2M+ fixed fee / fixed outcome solutions to time, customer expectation and budget.
- Excellent communications, conflict management and interpersonal skills
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- PMP® or PRINCE2 certification strongly recommended, PgMP® preferred
- The role requires travel as you will be working with Nordics and Benelux customers however you may be required to work UK customers should the need arise
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Project Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-10-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Program-Management Product-Specialist Job ID: R1913060
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Vedbæk Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.