Data Intelligence EngineerCork, Ireland 06/12/2019
Data Intelligence Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Data Engineer on our Storage and Solutions Supply Chain Nerve Center team in Cork, Ireland.
Transforming raw data into insight. Predicting the future through analysis. These are our core strengths as a groundbreaking organization changing the world through technology. Our Data Intelligence Engineering team applies science to data to predict and model future outcomes. Our engineers lead the way in developing new methods of generating meaning from data – developing new environments, methodologies, processes, tools and data governance structures. They also propose strategic or tactical plans based on business data and market trends.
- Adherence to data governance standards of the company.
- Adherence to publication approval standards for dashboard release reviews.
- Analytical, problem solving skills, ability to learn and apply new tools & applications.
- Basic data intelligence & analytics knowledge, limited use and/or application of basic principles, concepts and theories.
- Basics in storytelling with data.
- Company certification on data governance.
- Completes tasks & assignments with direction.
- Contact is primarily with direct supervisor and other professionals in immediate work group or department.
- Familiar with basic principles of dashboard design.
- Follows standard engineering practices under the direction of others, work is closely managed.
- Limited knowledge of tools and database concepts used for data intelligence and analytics.
- Provides solutions to limited variety of problems of limited scope & complexity.
- Uses tools appropriately with technical guidance, seeks assistance when needed.
- Demonstrated written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Presentation skills.
- 2+ years of related experience in a professional role with a bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent experience
- Experience with Postgre / MS SQL / TeraData Database languages
- Experience writing Unix / Hadoop / C# / Java coding
- Experience working with Bobj / PowerBi / Tableau platforms
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can analyze complex business problems and inform key decision-making, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 17 June 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Information-Technology Engineering Job ID: R88346
Related Job Opportunities
- Software Vulnerability Program Manager (SRO) Cork, Ireland
- Senior Software Engineer, Data Intelligence Cork, Ireland
- Data Intelligence Engineer Advisor Cork, Ireland