Senior Program Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: ,Cork
As Senior Program Manager, you enable Enterprise Data and Analytics (EDA) change management and learning programs to unify the data foundation for the Company and deliver organizational transformation across the business. You will ensure tight coordination between people, processes and system capabilities with outcomes that ensure globally distributed teams can thrive in an action-oriented and agile operating model. You will work with functional leadership teams to develop, establish, and implement strategies for driving change, adoption, and organizational performance transformation through learning engagement, support, and communications.
You are expected to think critically about our change management and learning engagements, focusing on transforming the Customer experience. You ensure strategies are actionable and plans are executed to achieve desired outcomes. This position is people, data, process intensive, and it requires initiative, creativity, agility, and strong resolve to ensure the programs and the team achieve the outcomes efficiently and effectively.
- Program manage one or more transformational change management and/or learning programs, executing to the vision of the Data and Analytics strategic roadmap.
- Establish program structures, processes, practices, artifacts to monitor and control execution from program inception through the release management process.
- Timely communication of program status, accomplishment/outcomes, identify and manage project issues/risks, facilitate resolutions to escalations when required.
- Set and ensure the highest standards and practices are being developed and maintained across the PMO (Project, program and product management) including centralized tracking, forecasting and management of project, program and product activities.
- Consolidate and roll up all appropriate workloads across EDA into a consolidated Plan of Record reflecting the portfolio of activities and deliverables taking place ranging from Superhighway products to domain roadmaps.
- Actively collaborate with other change management and learning professionals to manage project interlocks, creating operational plans that are grounded, outcome-based to provide path(s) for resolution of interdependencies.
- Build a collaborative program culture consisting of project/product team members from various disciplines - coach, motivate team members to drive positive action and accountability and removing issues and conflicts that may arise.
- Actively manage executive, stakeholder and team expectations.
- Active participation in creation of long-term strategic priorities and plans, analysis and recommendation related to transformation roadmap.
- Minimum 10+ years of related experience with Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working on change management, training, or organizational performance projects in Data Analytics highly desired.
- Strong, demonstrable change management experience, including running transformational programs, portfolio reconciliation, monitoring and reporting.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable program results.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities and stakeholders to execute high quality deliverables.
- Skilled planner and negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on schedule.
- Excellent project/program management skills to manage and execute on a wide range of requests and responsibilities with industry accreditations to support your experience including, PMP & Agile Certifications.
- Self-starter with ability to operate independently and shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to synthesize and convey information in a compelling manner. Writing skills are key!
- Consistent record of leading or working with diverse, globally distributed teams.
- Executive presence, with the ability to address and influence both executive and mid-level management audiences.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Project Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2111826