Staff Support Services Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Cork,Ireland
As a Staff Support Services Manager within Global Support Services, you will have the responsibility to manage and build the support relationship with some of our key Premier Support customers. You will be responsible for delivering an unparalleled support experience leveraging VMware solutions. You will work closely with our engineering, sales, and product marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
This role will suit a tenured Technical Support professional with significant experience delivering high-stakes, incident & case management to major global customers, with regular Exec & C-Level communications. The scope of this role will likely be focused on 1-2 major accounts.
- Develop excellent working relationships with the key individuals within your customer’s operational team
- Work closely and collaboratively with resources across the VMware organization including Account Teams, Sales and Solution Engineers
- Maintain high-level technical knowledge of core VMware solutions and future product direction
- Act as the single point of contact for the management of key customer and/or partner relationships and work alongside internal teams to ensure overall customer satisfaction on behalf of Global Support Services.
- Lead internal improvement initiatives related to your customer
- Conduct regular executive-level briefings, internal & customer facing
- Conduct regular weekly or bi-weekly operational meetings with multiple customer groups for case reviews to identify issue trends and opportunities for corrective actions. Provide recurring status reporting for: support requests, status updates, known issue reviews and upcoming projects
- Proactive customer notification of training opportunities, product alerts, new KB articles and bug updates.
- Setup and manage the quarterly/annual operational reviews with the customer to discuss support trends and operating efficiencies
- Manage the overall customer support experience including setting and managing customer expectations, driving prioritization and advocate on behalf of the customer for issue resolution within Global Services
- Act as a first point of escalation for your customer, and collaborate with the Regional Escalation management team, Sales, Professional Services, Product Management to assign appropriate priority in driving complex escalations
- Become intimately acquainted with the customers business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and support history. Identify solutions, have oversight and direct support requests to the proper teams and make use case information available to GSS staff when necessary to assist in problem resolution
- Work with VMware’s engineering team to provide formal feedback for incidents, causes and resolutions
- Assist customers outside of normal business hours if required
- Provide clear and constructive feedback to VMware support and program management teams based on customer experience and requirements
- Coordinate onsite visits in conjunction with TAM, Account Team and GSS Management
- Managing and updating the account document repository ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Take a lead role in mentoring & training of junior SSMs
- Contribute to regional & global projects & taskforces within the SSM group
- B.S., B.A., degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Support Account Management, Customer Success Management, Account Management or Escalation Management preferred
- Must be agile and able to adjust quickly to many different situations and challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with all levels of personnel from administrators to C-level executives.
- Strong reporting skills(Salesforce, Power BI, SAP HANA etc)
- Technical knowledge in one of the following areas: data center infrastructure, operating systems, desktop deployments, mobility, networking, security, system administration and technical architecture
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
- Strong understanding of strategic sales process
- Ability to travel up to 30% (domestic & international)
- VCP: VMware Certified Professional 6 or greater certification a plus.
- This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-04
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108609