Talent Marketing Specialist, Email & Mobile Text Messaging - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: BGR
This is a nine-month, remote contract position based in Ireland or Bulgaria.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The VMware Employment Brand team is seeking a Talent Marketing Specialist to define, launch, and run VMware’s Beamery email campaign and mobile text messaging strategy.
You will enjoy this opportunity if you value creating meaningful connections and experiences for all people, you have a passion for the written word, and you love solving problems and learning new things. You’re looking for an opportunity to work for a global technology company whose products and solutions are a force for good. You want to be a part of a collaborative, inclusive environment with leaders, managers, and colleagues that care about who you are, the work you’re doing, and the impact that your work has on customers and communities around the world.
The Vision for the Role: What is the primary need, technical challenge, or most significant problem that you will be responsible for in this role?
We need someone who can define and execute a global email and mobile text messaging marketing engagement strategy within the AMER, EMEA, and APJ regions. You will need to manage and operate in Beamery, a talent operating system for enterprise recruiting teams to attract, engage, and retain talent. The work is exciting, unique, and complex because you will be partnering with multiple teams around the world.
Success in this Role: What are the performance goals that you will work towards completing?
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team to define VMware’s Beamery talent community personas, hiring and event priorities, and Beamery communication plan by the end of January 2021. You would launch VMware’s FY22 (February 2021 – January 2022) Beamery email campaign plan in February 2021.
- Within 90 days of coming into this role, you will define, schedule, and launch a FY22 Beamery email campaign training & enablement series for the Talent Acquisition team. While you would work with the Talent Acquisition Operations & Support team to schedule and facilitate trainings, you would be the training content curator and host.
- Research, identify a solution, and present a mobile text message marketing strategy for talent (prospective employees) within the first 90 days in your role.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments or requirements will you be performing on a regular basis? What are your deliverables?
- Most of your time will be writing and providing copy design strategy guidance to Talent Acquisition team members that are supporting hiring and events with the Beamery email campaign feature. While you will be primarily writing in English, there will be projects that require you to review and work on requests with colleagues that speak and write in other languages.
- Collaborate virtually through Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Beamery, and our project management application to brainstorm Beamery email campaigns and mobile text messaging campaigns to support VMware’s FY21 hiring and event priorities.
- Spend time learning about VMware’s hiring priorities, employment brand goals, and the people in our Beamery talent community.
- Build and lead VMware’s global email and mobile text messaging marketing engagement strategy for the Talent Acquisition team.
- Grow your copywriting, Beamery Campaign, and mobile text messaging professional skills. We want you to be curious, learning from team members and individual study.
The Hiring Manager: Who is the hiring manager? What is their background and management style? What is the structure of the team/organization that you will be working with?
The hiring manager for this role is Price Peacock, Global Employment Brand Manager, VMware. Her expertise has been built from the front lines, with roles in social media management, project/program management, and most recently, in the management of the global Employment Brand team.
Price’s management philosophy is about encouraging everyone on the team to identify how their strengths and passions can support their work and achieve the team’s goals. Price looks for people who see the value of collaborating with people across roles, job levels, perspectives, and locations. She needs someone who recognizes the importance of taking the time to check work, connect ideas and people together, and takes the initiative to bring an outcome to life without direct supervision all of the time.
The core team is made up of two social media managers, a graphic designer, and Price. They’re closely connected with the Talent Acquisition team and the Corporate Brand team. The team works in a distributed manner, with people living and working across the AMER, EMEA, and APJ regions.
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-12
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2017818