Technical Support Engineer (vCloud Director) - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Costa Rica
Technical Support Engineer - vCloud Director Team
The Technical Support Engineer is expected to be highly proficient with troubleshooting VMware’s automation products. The ability to research problems and find solutions to wide variety of problems is paramount. The Technical Support Engineer is expected to be able to quickly isolate technical problems in complex environments often spanning a large number of VMware and non-VMware solutions.
The Technical Support Engineer duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Level 2 Support to VMware Customers and field personnel.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
- Manage, research, and resolve issues relating to VMware automation products including basic isolation of issues located in third party products that interact with VMware automation products.
- Create and manage knowledge base content including problem solutions, best practices, and informational articles.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in all VMware, Microsoft, and UNIX technologies.
- Work in a global team environment and mentor junior technicians.
- Represent VMware, its shareholders, and its partners in only the most professional manner at all times.
- Any other duties or project as requested by the Manager/Senior Manager of Enterprise Applications or the Director of Global Support Services.
Required skill sets:
- Extensive administration and support experience with all of Windows server operating systems, and workstation operating systems in large enterprise environments (thousands of systems).
- Experience with basic SQL and Postgres database management and querying for troubleshooting purposes.
- Familiarity with various Hypervisors (vSphere, Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, KVM, etc.).
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and technologies (vCloud Director, Amazon, OpenStack, etc.).
- Familiarity with Cloud orchestration tools a plus (Chef, Puppet, vRealize Orchestrator, etc.).
- OS Provisioning experience a plus (SCCM, WIM, KickStart, etc.).
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal, and customer service skills are a must.
- Ability to act in an effective and professional manner during moments of high stress.
- Familiarity with a variety of enterprise management tools and software.
- Strong commitment to setting goals and achieving results.
Education / Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 4 – 10 years of relevant work experience.
- VCP, MCSE, MCDBA, and/or various UNIX certifications are a plus.
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-14
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2100734