Advisor, Vulnerability Scanning and Tools (SRO)Bangalore, India, Cyberjaya, Malaysia;Limerick, Ireland 05/20/2019
Advisor, Vulnerability Scanning and Tools
Location - Bangalore
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
We are currently seeking a Vulnerability Management Advisor to join our Security & Resiliency team. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting & managing vulnerability scanning tools and technologies in an enterprise environment.
- Plan and execute vulnerability and compliance scans across the IT infrastructure and product environments
- Ensure an active assessment capability across all Dell networks and infrastructure together with IT and engineering teams to improve the capability and quality of scanning activities where necessary
- Collaborate with other members of the team on daily issues, diagnose and resolve scanner software problems, and restore normal operations
- Troubleshooting of false positives and verification of vulnerability fixes.
- Thorough understanding and management of business needs and expectations
- Adapts and evolves vulnerability scanning processes and procedures based on internal customer or business partner feedback
- Develops and implements automated and continues scanning techniques to better support IT and application teams
- Exhibits good understanding of vulnerability validation, re-production, and remedy advice and vulnerability research skills
- Cultivates the practice of staying abreast on latest trends and developments in vulnerability scanning tools and solutions, threat intelligence and remediation activities followed across industry
- Contributes to the vulnerability scanning and tools program through delivery of end results and contribution to future planning based on industry evolution and internal IT and application teams’ requirements
- A degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related major; and 6-8 years of direct experience in the field of cybersecurity
- Technical experience with any of the enterprise scanning tools (Nexpose, Tenable IO, Qualys, Twistlock
- Ability to understand and consult on CIS and DISA STIG benchmarks
- Understanding and knowledge of OWASP tools and methodologies and security attack vectors
- Experience in threat and vulnerability management, and penetration testing
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (such as Python, Java Script etc.)
- Good technical aptitude, problem solving and ability to quickly learn and master new topics and domains
- Candidates must be able to work independently and demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Understands what escalations are, and how to deal with them
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Collaborative / team player, self-driven independent and customer-oriented
- Excellent written and communication skills
- CISSP or similar certification advantageous
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you relish the prospect of championing innovative products direct to significant customers, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.Apply now!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Related Job Opportunities
- Security Automation Manager (SRO) Bengaluru, India
- Business Security Officer, Dell Data Protection Division (SRO) Multiple Locations
- Advisor, Cyber Security - Incident Response (SRO) Cyberjaya, Malaysia