Principal Product Software Engineer (.NET)
- Cyberjaya, Malaysia
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Principal Product Software Engineer (.NET)
Dell’s End-to-End Seller organization is hiring a Principal Product Engineer who will be responsible for delivering product in a dynamic, fast paced, scalable agile ecommerce environment. The team needs individuals with deep e-commerce knowledge to guide and deliver a high-volume, highly personalized e-commerce experience. We are looking for the most senior candidates who have a strong background in Enterprise/Application Architecture and/or lean startup methodology, with proven abilities to innovate and be creative.
Join us as a Principal Product Software Engineer (.NET) on our Software Engineering team in Cyberjaya to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
We are looking for highly motivated, goal-oriented individuals who will be responsible for building highly visible, highly available, and customer facing E-Commerce product. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in object-oriented programming and experience in large multi-national corporations. Candidates will be familiar with Microsoft technologies, and will have worked on very large web sites dealing with very high volumes.
Candidates should be excellent team players, yet capable of working independently, and embrace the change in digital transformation. Candidates will work with very little direction, will be comfortable leading conference calls, and can drive the direction of multiple product being developed by multi-shore teams.
- Creates design specifications for high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers. Works with clients, Product Designer and Product Manager to determine software requirements and system impacts.
- Write well-designed and testable code. Able to mentors junior product software engineer in industry best practices, procedures, and concepts and responsible for ensuring quality of their work as well as the work of the entire development team.
- Investigates new technologies and techniques and researches ongoing industry developments and works closely with the global development team, other senior Solution Architects, and executives within Dell Digital group to plan ongoing product development, maintenance, and management of development teams
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent professional experience with 10+ years of related experience with at least 8+ years building web portals and/or ecommerce and/or mobile applications using Microsoft technologies
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to users and implementing and consuming large-scale web services and ability to communicate at all level include IT, business and sales audiences
- Experience with Test Driven Development and familiar with Unit Test, works closely with the Enterprise Architects and the development teams through all phases of the SDLC and initiates major changes in architecture and software development techniques/processes.
- Individual that is proactive, passionate, and optimistic, stay positive and thrive to achieve more as a TEAM
- Knowledge of GitLab / RabbitMQ / NServiceBus / Cloud Technologies / NoSQL / CI-CD Technologies will be of added advantage
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job Family: Information-Technology Engineering Software-Engineer Dell-Digital Job ID: R071862
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Cyberjaya Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.