To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Divisional Technology VMware Lead - Federal
Advisory Global Architect - Divisional VMware Technology Lead
We are looking for an Advisory Global Architectto join the Federal Pre-Sales team and the Dell Synergy Acceleration Team (DSAT) who will help harness the value of information across the enterprise. Provides innovative thought, strategic guidance, and technology expertise to help clients exploit information to its maximum potential and accelerate their journey to cloud computing models.
The Dell Synergy Acceleration Team (DSAT) is a strategic team chartered to accelerate VMware and Dell Technologies customers’ business outcomes resulting in VMware and Dell Technologies accretive growth. The Divisional VMware Technology Lead is a role aligned to VMware’s DSAT, matrix reporting to the VMware Americas Enterprise Sales. This VMware subject matter expert is dedicated to partnering and supporting the Dell Technologies Federal Organization consisting of DoD, Intel and Civilian agencies.
What makes this exciting:
- Increase Customer Relevance for Dell Technologies by working collaboratively across Dell Technologies and VMware.
- Help customers achieve their business objectives and IT outcomes required for Digital Transformation via the creation of offerings that leverage our combined portfolios.
- Align Dell Technologies-wide GTM behind VMware’s preferred solution(s) while enabling customer choice when requested or clearly the best option.
- Create compelling customer value by a services-led, consultative approach that is founded in deep rooted account planning.
- Optimized deployment of our combined field resources for maximum customer impact – with accountability through the VMware Dell Execution Team.
How your experience will help you hit the ground running:
A customer-facing technical expert, you have first-hand working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture practices, understand multi-cloud infrastructure, the impacts to the enterprise environment and the components of the next generation data center. You bring a compelling desire to showcase your expertise by partnering with Dell Technologies and our channel partners’ sales forces, creating deep promotion and demonstration of VMware’s Portfolio strategy as well as Dell Technologies and VMware integrated solutions. Additionally, we seek:
- Typically requires 12+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree.
- Five or more years of hands-on, technical experience with VMware.
- Demonstrated mastery in one or more areas including virtualization and/or SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Flash, convergence/hyper-convergence, HPC, advanced server technology, devops, big data.
- Experience with Cloud automation/orchestration concepts/design, OpenStack and related technologies, containers and Cloud Native Development is nice to have.
- Experience with a DevOps culture/SDLC.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% within a defined territory.
- VMware, Dell Technologies certifications strongly desired.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government personnel security clearance; Active clearance preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
From developing brand new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Direct Sales team transforms opportunity into action every day. Whether focusing on a geographical area, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop relationships with the end-users of the organization and generate meaningful sales. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job ID: R065112