VMware Outside Sales Specialist – Federal
- Remote - District of Columbia, United States
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Outside Sales - Channel Sales employee?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Relationship Oriented
- Effective Communicator
VMware Outside Sales Specialist – Federal
Do you thrive in a complex, highly collaborative technology sales environment? Do you strive to sell for a consistent industry leader? If this is you, then “Think Dell!”
Join us as a VMware Outside Sales Specialist on our Direct Sales team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
As an Outside Sales Specialist you will be responsible for building strong customer relationships in the field and ensuring a great customer experience with existing and potential customers.
What makes this exciting:
- Develop and extend relationships with our customers and help them better understand and leverage software-defined compute, storage, and networking solutions.
- Proactively solves customer business problems by providing expertise and by using higher complexity solutions.
- Manages the relationship with high-level POC within group of accounts to ensure opportunities are identified and closed; usually assigned an overlay or shared quota; deployed against qualified opportunities; attains volume objectives; refers leads beyond the scope of this job to other sellers within the organization.
- Regularly engaged at customer facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- Communicates technology roadmaps and vision and associated technical advantages of the proposed solution as well as recommends product and service configurations to assist with overall system design and integration.
How your experience will help you hit the ground running:
- 2+ Years of successful sales experience (Selling to the Federal Government).
- Successful sales track with demonstrated experience in VMware cloud, networking and security, and digital workspace offerings through Direct and Channel Led.
- Proven experience dealing with Channel Partners, ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) and Distributors. In-depth knowledge and insight of competitive landscape.
- Deep understanding of hyper-visor/ virtualized environments.
- Territory management, including account planning and sales forecasting.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the DC Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.