HCI / Cloud Platform Solutions Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Denver,Colorado
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud solutions that enable our more than 350,000 customers to thrive. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center, modern apps, security and the mobile workspace. Our team of 24,000+ employees working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work by living our EPIC2 values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) is one of the pillars of VMware’s success and strategy. SDDC enables customers to achieve the agility, flexibility, and cost savings required for modern datacenters in clouds of all kinds – private, public, hybrid. As a Cloud Platform Solutions Engineer supporting our Enterprise Accounts, you are recognized as a technical domain advisor into automating virtualized compute, storage and networking for apps of all kinds – traditional and cloud native. You are also someone who can plan and execute sales campaigns within named enterprise customers. Are you a sales engineer as passionate about driving cloud and hyper converged infrastructure with your customer? If so, please read on!
Job Role and Responsibilities:
This Pre-sales Solutions Engineer will be hands on and technical needing excellent communication skills, presentations skills. Speaking with crowds at all levels while driving the sales cycle, overcoming technical objections, and being the technical expert in the room is a typical day in this role.
You will whiteboard, demonstrate, present technical material, qualify, and engage senior IT personnel in discussing our SDDC technologies like Cloud Foundation (vSphere, vSAN and NSX) and have good awareness of automated management for those technologies (vRealize).
- You will work closely with sales representatives & systems engineers on developing opportunities and closing deals while achieving sales targets through the enterprise accounts team
- Present VMware's technical value proposition to customers and provide technical deep dives on VMware’s Hyper-Converged Infrastructure vision, VxRail Appliances, and critically Cloud Foundation solutions
- You will partner with Engineering and Product management teams to prioritize customer feature requests into our future product roadmap.
- You will aide in training & enablement of our field teams and channel partners to sell VMware SDDC software
- Ensure success of customer proof-of-concepts (POCs) and respond to the technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- You will partner with our support engineers and technical account managers to drive deployments of SDDC solutions
- 8+ year’s experience selling storage hardware and software pre-sales, with at least 5+ years in technical field sales
- Proven experience creating business plans, organizing channel sales campaigns, driving marketing campaigns and sales initiatives - all focused with the end goal of driving quarterly sales targets
- Strong customer facing presentation skills as well as the ability to build and present high-quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
- Experience reducing repetitive tasks through automation – scripting, coding, 3rd party tools (Ansible, Terraform, vRealize, etc)
- You should have experience and knowledge of various storage technologies/vendors and know how to position HCI among them.
- Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 Server platforms, Windows/Linux operating system expertise, SAN / NAS storage technologies and TCP/IP networking
- BA/BS or equivalent
- U.S. Citizen and/or eligibility to work in the USA
We would love to see experience with
- VCP certification
- vSphere, vSAN, vRealize Suite – vROps (vRealize Operations), vRA (vRealize Automation), vRO (vRealize Orchestrator)
- Horizon (7, Air, App Volumes)
- 3rd party scripting, automation and integration into VMware make environments
- Drafting Technical Architectures at the logical level
This position has a minimum OTE which starts at $200,000. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-968.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2105995