Senior Analyst, Customer Insights
Primary Location: Denver, Colorado
At VMware, we are preparing for the transformation to an even more customer-centric, cloud-ready company, which has resulted in a newly created and unified Customer Experience and Success Team. This has been as a result of many months of talking to our customers, as well as studying best practices in the software industry. This new organization will help to take VMware to the next level of customer satisfaction and success. This newly formed group has brought together various key functions and roles that are crucial to our customer experience. This includes Customer Success, Global Services, Technical Support, Premier Support, Technical Account Management and Professional Services.
Our goal is to create an integrated and agile team that can deliver a best-in-class customer experience at scale, across our five solution areas. We lead with putting the customer at the center of everything we do. This new organization will be better positioned to transition to proactively and prescriptively guide our customers to value realization outcomes. We will do so through designed and reconciled winning customer experiences. Our team will lead the way servicing our customers programmatically and help scale customer success to do the same. Furthermore, we expect this team and with laser-focus commitment to our customers to help accelerate VMware’s evolution to a software-as-a-service company and significantly raise VMware’s Net Promoter Score (NPS).
In the Customer Success Innovation and Intelligence team, our vision is to enable the organization to deliver repeatable customer experiences that drive outcomes and value for our customers. As a Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for leading data analysis, insights, and reporting on our Voice of the Customer programs to advise our business partners on key decisions.
This position requires strong business acumen and ability to distill actionable insights from disparate data sources (e.g., survey, operational, and secondary data). If you love data, are a strategic thinker, and want to drive business impact, we would like to hear from you!
What is in it for you?
- You will be a key member of the VMware team that has built a rare business environment -- one of energy, creativity, collegiality, and collaboration
- You will join an atmosphere that is fun, casual, and inviting -- in keeping with VMware's roots as an entrepreneurial start-up
- You will have the opportunity deliver impactful results to the Customer Experience and Success team while building your skillset and experience
- Identify and translate business questions into research/analysis design
- Analyze data from multiple data sources (survey and non-survey) with high accuracy, to uncover findings with business impact
- Mine data to identify and synthesize patterns, trends, and relationships
- Conduct statistical analyses (descriptive and predictive)
- Summarize key findings into compelling data stories and deliverables
- Provide actionable recommendations to business units based on findings from analysis
- Present and communicate insights to cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop and lead projects/schedules from end-to-end
- Assist in other initiatives as required
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting, market research, data analytics, or customer insights in the technology industry
- An analytical problem-solver with strong business acumen
- Proficient with data analytics, particularly customer feedback and survey data
- Track record of organizing and executing on initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication; demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Excellent at visualizing data, synthesizing insights, and storytelling with data
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in SQL and Tableau
- Experience/interest in Python, R, SPSS, and/or similar analytics tools
- Experience working with large data sets and with statistical analysis preferred
- Knowledge of Voice of the Customer, Customer Success, and Customer Experience strategies preferred
- BS/BA degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative or a business field
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Project Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-10-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2015707