Digital Workspace Technical Account Manager (DWS-TAM) | Virginia & Michigan - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Detroit,Michigan
***LOCATION: Candidates MUST live in either Virginia or Michigan***
Before you apply, ask yourself…
Do you “live and breathe” the VMware Digital Workspace/EUC stack of products?
Are your dreams filled with vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, vRealize, Horizon, and Workspace One?
Do you already have your VCP Certification (or could you get it within the next 90 days)?
Do you have proven experience in Healthcare?
Digital Workspace Technical Account Manager (DWS-TAM)
As a Digital Workspace Technical Account Manager (DWS-TAM), you will build and maintain relationship with VMware's customers that have real passion for technology and the opportunities that it can bring to our life. At those customers, you will be a major focal point for everything that is related to VMware EUC Platform for teams and levels from the most technical to the most senior executive. You will escort and guide them in their journey to be market leaders by using newest and most advanced technologies in our EUC technologies. You will also play a key part in representing your customers in VMware, sharing their experience and wishes with the account teams, support and product managers, and helping to draw the shape of our products and contribute your point of view for our shared success.
- Be there for your customers. Help them to build their business for success and transform from customers to partners to the digital journey.
- Like to think out of the box? Use your skills to help your customers to take the technology to the limit and utilize all that our products can give them. Our customers love to see their investment being fulfilled and you will make sure that they do.
- Help the customer to translate business requirements to technical solutions by building knowledge and understanding of the possibilities presented by different platforms.
- Do you like connecting with people? Be the messenger that breaks down the corporate silos between different technical teams and business teams using simple language and personal skills.
- When troubles come the TAMs rise! Not everything always goes smooth. At those points, you will take leadership on the situation and help everyone to get back on track.
- Maintain a current knowledge of VMware’s End User Computing solutions, along with a high-level technical knowledge of VMware’s product line and future product direction.
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware Product Management teams based on customer use-cases and requirements.
- Understand the customer’s high-level business challenges while functioning as an advisory resource for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions within your accounts.
- 3+ years experience with VMware’s core stack of products + Digital Workspace/EUC products (Horizon, Workspace One, etc.)
- 2+ years experience in customer-facing role
- MUST HAVE experience with VMware Horizon solutions including View, DEM, App Volumes, and Workspace One
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 30% regionally (NOTE: Most travel will be local from your home office to customers within the nearby region, and there may be a few out of state customer visits and/or 3-4 conferences or training that require travel throughout the year once COVID travel restrictions are lifted)
- MUST have proven strong EUC experience as well as knowledge of VMware core technologies
- MUST have knowledge of VMware virtualization, EUC, solutions, and services.
- MUST have solid technical background in EUC (preferably with technical certifications). Additionally, a background in data center infrastructure, operating systems, networking, system administration and/or technical architecture is preferred.
- MUST have proven ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a technology consultant (preferably with a management consulting, IT vendor or professional services organization).
- Domain-level understanding of Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Windows desktop OS administration experience
- Experience with VMware Horizon solutions including View, UEM, App Volumes, and Workspace One
- Experience with vRealize Operations
- Enterprise desktop management experience (Windows/Linux)
- VCP-DTM strongly preferred
- Fast learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Strong business insight and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence internal and external partners at all levels.
- Be effective working independently and in a team setting.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple client demands.
Desirable Skills & Education
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree preferred or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Seasoned IT Professional with full understanding of area of specialization
- Is able to deploy basic assessment tools in customer environments; Qualifies the need, identifies the success criteria, and executes assisted demos
- Can speak and engage with technical leaders; Confirms and clarifies information gained from listening to customers before transmitting / sharing.
- Articulate the main elements of a business case; Able to perform solutioning under the guidance of the others.
- Relies on facts and past experiences to eliminate customer concern when negotiating; Reviews each stage of the negotiation to identify gaps and next steps to address any opportunities.
- Has a high level understanding of various non-VMware technical skills demanded by our customers.
- VCP - VMware Certified Professional 5 or greater certification preferred – VMware EUC Technical Knowledge
Our people transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities. Where everyone is empowered to achieve success on their own terms. And together, we are crafting the future of business in a digital world.
At VMware, we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html. We want to hire epic people who enhance our diverse culture – people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and lead your future. VMware diversity: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/people-at-vmware.html
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Technical Account Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2106719