Senior Solutions Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Detroit,Michigan
Minneapolis,Minnesota,USA; Wichita,Kansas,USA; Lincoln,Nebraska,USA; Toronto, Canada; Pierre,South Dakota,USA; Bismarck,North Dakota,USA; Miami,Florida,USA; Des Moines,Iowa,USA; Austin,Texas,USA; Austin,Texas,USA; Charlotte,North Carolina,USA; Atlanta,Georgia,USA; Birmingham,Alabama,USA; Nashville,Tennessee,USA; Jackson,Mississippi,USA; Little Rock,Arkansas,USA; Dallas,Texas,USA; Oklahoma City,Oklahoma,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; Charleston,South Carolina,USA; Jacksonville,Florida,USA; New Orleans,Louisiana,USA; Austin,Texas,USA; Louisville,Kentucky,USA; Dallas,Texas,USA; Chicago,Illinois,USA; Milwaukee,Wisconsin,USA; Kansas City,Missouri,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; San Francisco,California,USA; Charleston,West Virginia,USA; Columbus,Ohio,USA; Indianapolis,Indiana,USA;
The Elevator Pitch: Why willyouenjoy this new opportunity?
The position of Senior Solutions Engineer provides a unique opportunity to grow your career by deepening your infrastructure, cloud networking expertise, and implementing DevOps modelusing Infrastructure as Code. You will have opportunities to work closely with emerging and exciting technologies to create technical solutions that align with VMware’s business needs.
This position plays a key role in the organization focusing on IT domain projects including but not limited to public/private/hybrid clouds, security, virtualization, networking, and automation. You will be an integral part of the solution cycle by collaborating with various business units, performing technical evaluations, and driving projects all the way from prototype to production rollout.
If you are looking for a role that keeps you engaged, challenges you, and gives you ample learning opportunities, then this is the place for you.
Success in the Role: What are the performanceoutcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Within 30 days of employment, you will be able to understand the VMware IT Infrastructure,standardprocedures,and the team’songoing projects.
- 90 days of employment, you will take part in projects that involvedevelopment and implementation of automation solutions usingDevOpsmodeland Infrastructure as Codeto accelerate project delivery and improve operations.
- 180 days of employment, you will have fair amount of hands-on experience and expertise in the team’s projects to be able to provide design,implementation,and support for projects related to network, storage, compute, and cloud.
- Within 360 days of employment, you willbe equipped towork with VMware R&D teams to provide product feedback, enhancement proposals, andparticipate incustomer interactions.
The Work:What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Your regular activities may be modified to suit your professional strengthsand business and organizational requirements, but you can expect a variety of the following assignments:
- Gather business requirements from service owners and stake holders and complete Paper Assessment and Proof of Concept of new technology solutions.
- DevOpsmodeltoaccelerate and improve projectsacrossvarious ITdomains such as networking, security, operating systems, and public clouds.
- Implement and design Production Pilots and provide escalation support in partnership with service owners.
- Represent operational ownership during transition period, perform operational tasks, on-call support and troubleshooting.
- Implement and support infrastructure and networking technologies, including:
- Routing and switching - LAN, WAN, BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Security solutions - VPN, SSL/TLS, IDS-IPS, firewalls
- Load balancing and virtualization
- Core services - DHCP, DNS, AD, NTP, etc.
- Participate in Infrastructure as a Code initiatives and automation of Day 2 operationsusing programming languages and configuration management/infrastructure automation solutions including but not limited to Python, Terraform, Ansible, Java, etc.
- Implement, manage, and maintain Public, Private, and Hybrid clouds (such as VMware Cloud on AWS, AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Build and maintain highly available systems on Kubernetes.
- Use Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Document and update product's technical findings preparing for both in-depth and high-level overview presentations.
- Aspire to constantly seek to expand your technical expertise and knowledge of new technologies with internal training offerings and self-study.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
IT Solutions Engineering and Design organization has been focused on leading evaluation and implementation of new technology solutions from inception to go-live while collaborating across VMware IT and R&D teams to meet enterprise requirements. The team’s scope of work includes but is not limited to public/private cloud implementation, security, networking, and automation, with keep focus on leading implementation of best-in-class technological solutions to meet requirements of the Enterprise, while providing excellent colleague experience and end to end security.
We look for individuals who are self-driven and have the passion to learn new skills and solve complex technical issues. The leadership for this role believes in creating a pleasant and inclusive workplace and building strong relationships and collaboration within the team.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2109381