Software Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Detroit,Michigan
Minneapolis,Minnesota,USA; Wichita,Kansas,USA; Lincoln,Nebraska,USA; Pierre,South Dakota,USA; Bismarck,North Dakota,USA; Miami,Florida,USA; Juneau,Alaska,USA; Bellevue,Washington,USA; Albuquerque,New Mexico,USA; Phoenix,Arizona,USA; Salt Lake City,Utah,USA; Cheyenne,Wyoming,USA; Boise,Idaho,USA; Seattle,Washington,USA; Des Moines,Iowa,USA; Honolulu,Hawaii,USA; Reno,Nevada,USA; Helena,Montana,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; Austin,Texas,USA; San Francisco,California,USA; Portland,Oregon,USA; Charlotte,North Carolina,USA; Atlanta,Georgia,USA; Birmingham,Alabama,USA; Nashville,Tennessee,USA; Jackson,Mississippi,USA; Little Rock,Arkansas,USA; Dallas,Texas,USA; Oklahoma City,Oklahoma,USA; Charleston,South Carolina,USA; Jacksonville,Florida,USA; New Orleans,Louisiana,USA; Louisville,Kentucky,USA; Chicago,Illinois,USA; Milwaukee,Wisconsin,USA; Kansas City,Missouri,USA; Charleston,West Virginia,USA; Columbus,Ohio,USA; Indianapolis,Indiana,USA;
Octarine, now a part of VMware, leads the space of Kubernetes and container security within VMware. Our products deliver end-to-end security solutions for customers running workloads in cloud-native environments, protecting applications against internal and external threats. To achieve this, we’re tackling various technological and product challenges, striving to build the best solution at the best quality and at an increasingly large scale.
Now, as part of the security business unit in VMware, we’re taking everything we’ve built so far to the next level - aiming to support hundreds and thousands of new customers, continuously improving our products’ features and quality, and planning to design and build new product lines.
Join a super talented team of engineers using a wide variety of the latest technologies to solve big problems, both from a technology standpoint and a product one.
Our stack is based on Go, C++, Python, React, AWS, Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra, and a whole lot around Kubernetes and Istio.
What You’ll Do
- Lead initiatives to design, build and deliver complex product features, in a fast-paced environment, working with the latest frameworks and technologies.
- Be an integral part of scaling our offering to hundreds and thousands of customers, now as part of VMware.
- Face various technological challenges, from designing big-data processing solutions to understanding the internals of Kubernetes, to planning the architecture of a new product.
- Contribute to product direction and design discussions.
- Belong to a group of world-class engineers, working together to build a better product - solving real issues to our customers, and doing that at the best quality possible.
- Collaborate with product management, UX, DevOps, backend, and frontend engineers to deliver the right solution.
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of experience in designing and delivering commercial software products.
- Experience writing multi-component systems or micro-services. Advantage to working with container platforms and orchestrators such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- High-level expertise writing in a high-level language such as Go, Rust, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Couchbase).
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Quickly master new languages and technologies.
- Passion for software development and for learning cloud-native application technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This position is eligible for CarbonBlackUSA referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-04
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2101980