Dell Technologies Support Engineer, Federal Business - Augusta, GA; Honolulu, HI; Washington DC Metro,Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - All Other), Remote - District of Columbia, United States;Remote - Hawaii, United States 02/28/2019
Dell Technologies Support Engineer, Federal Business
Augusta, GA; Honolulu, HI; Washington DC Metro
Dell EMC delivers the most advanced enterprise infrastructure for mission-critical environments, and is the only true provider of the end-to-end IT capabilities needed to drive agency missions through digital transformation – from the edge to the core to the cloud. Under the banner of Dell Technologies: Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, SecureWorks, Virtustream, and VMware align to support our customers to meet their missions and transform IT, build their digital future, and protect their most important asset, data. With an intense mission focus, Dell Federal is the customer’s reliable wingman ensuring the product received is the product expected, and the delivered system, service, or capability operates as intended anywhere in the world…all the time.
As a Dell Technologies Support Engineer, you will be billeted, trained, and professionally managed by Account Services Management. However, you will be detailed to the Director of the NSG Program Management Office for the day-to-day execution of your duties, working closely with the sales team and customer in the mission spaces (operational control). It’s a hugely varied, and dynamic field of work where trust and competence is the elixir of success—from the tactical engagement to the strategic win. To be sure, you will work on unusually complex problems and provide game changing solutions that are highly creative.
The National Security Group (NSG) team is looking for an exceptional Engineer for our Federal Business to support a wide array of company technologies for our fast-growing National Security Group. The Dell Technologies Support Engineer’s core responsibilities include:
- Develop internal relationships and earn trust amongst the account executives, program/project managers, executive leadership team members, infrastructure delivery teams, and security offices.
- Develop external relationships and earn trust via the demonstration of the highest caliber of professional, technical, and mission competence amongst the customer base to include the intelligence community (IC), the warfighter, and the associated senior executive leadership.
- Assist customer and sales team with design, definition, and implementation of complex system requirements for mission support and analyze existing systems according to customer requirements and mission needs. Support the technical and design direction for a proposed IT solution with ability to link solution sets to mission outcome.
- Poses deep technical acumen and understanding of the pan Dell Technologies portfolio to include storage, compute, networking, applications, cybersecurity, converged and hyper-converged systems, and edge-core-cloud synergies. Understand the advantages and disadvantages associated with various architectures (including on- versus off premise solutions), especially as these relate to mission, expense, and maintenance.
- Understand the various capabilities and advantages/disadvantages of the leading vendors and competitor’s products and designs.
Service and Support duties include:
- Leverage big data analysis to provide customer environment insight and use data to build a compelling account plan which includes recommendations for further risk mitigation. Perform trend analysis of historical issues.
- Perform diagnostic and hardware repair service as required. Diagnose any system malfunction to isolate problems to Dell, other OEM vendors or software.
- Perform firmware updates on a variety of platforms and modify scripts as needed to work in customer environment during an outage or failure. Deliver software updates (Application, Firmware, BIOS, Driver, and Diagnostics).
- Assist in identifying and leveraging Dell and partner resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the customers’ implementation during and outage or failure.
- Follow-up on all service calls to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage customer expectations with respect to support agreements and project plans.
- Ensure appropriate technical resources and services are in place to solve customer problems; notify sales team of critical technical issues impacting the customer during and outage or failure.
- Typically requires 15+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 12+ years with a Master’s degree; or 8+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with CI poly minimum.
- Enterprise Management Tools, GPGPU Technology, Hadoop, Vertica, Greenplum, Citrix, Enterprise Virtualization, Cloud Technologies, HPC, KACE, ScaleIO
- Unix, Linux or Windows experience/knowledge, and TCP/IP networking experience
- A+, Security +, MCITP/MCSE, VCP, RHSA, CCNA certifications
- Dell EMC Enterprise Servers and Storage, Client Technologies, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NAS, DAS, SAS, SATA experience
- FS poly
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Engineering Remote Job ID: R76103
Related Job Opportunities
- Territory Account Executive - Commercial Sales (Remote: VA, DC, MD)) Virginia
- Sr Systems Engineer - Federal (Moden Data Center) DC
- Senior Consultant - Federal Multiple Locations