Dell Technologies Support Engineer, Federal Buisness - Augusta, GA; Honolulu, HI; Washington DC MetroRemote - Georgia, United States, Remote - District of Columbia, United States;Remote - Hawaii, United States 12/05/2018
The National Security Group (NSG) team is looking for an exceptional Engineer for our Federal Business to support a wide array of company technologies for our fast-growing National Security Group. The Dell Technologies Support Engineer’s core responsibilities include:
- Develop internal relationships and earn trust amongst the account executives, program/project managers, executive leadership team members, infrastructure delivery teams, and security offices.
- Develop external relationships and earn trust via the demonstration of the highest caliber of professional, technical, and mission competence amongst the customer base to include the intelligence community (IC), the warfighter, and the associated senior executive leadership.
- Assist customer and sales team with design, definition, and implementation of complex system requirements for mission support and analyze existing systems according to customer requirements and mission needs. Support the technical and design direction for a proposed IT solution with ability to link solution sets to mission outcome.
- Poses deep technical acumen and understanding of the pan Dell Technologies portfolio to include storage, compute, networking, applications, cybersecurity, converged and hyper-converged systems, and edge-core-cloud synergies. Understand the advantages and disadvantages associated with various architectures (including on- versus off premise solutions), especially as these relate to mission, expense, and maintenance.
- Poses strong understanding, of various cloud and hybrid-cloud environments, including technical aspects and advantages/disadvantages of various designs, offerings, and vendors.
- Understand the various capabilities and advantages/disadvantages of the leading vendors and competitor’s products and designs.
- Preform critical functions of assisting customer, sales team, PMO, and professional services with the fielding of system into its mission environment. Travel globally, as required, to deploy system. Assist in the transition of the IT system
- Service and Support duties include:
* Leverage big data analysis to provide customer environment insight and use data to build a compelling account plan which includes recommendations for further risk mitigation. Perform trend analysis of historical issues
* Perform diagnostic and hardware repair service as required. Diagnose any system malfunction to isolate problems to Dell, other OEM vendors or software
* Perform firmware updates on a variety of platforms and modify scripts as needed to work in customer environment during an outage or failure. Deliver software updates (Application, Firmware, BIOS, Driver, and Diagnostics)
* Manage the dispatch, delivery, and return of parts
* Assist in identifying and leveraging Dell and partner resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the customers’ implementation during and outage or failure
* Follow-up on all service calls to ensure customer satisfaction
* Manage customer expectations with respect to support agreements and project plans
* Identify and communicate to the customer their current system warranty entitlements
* Travel to customer locations as needed
* Ensure appropriate technical resources and services are in place to solve customer problems; notify sales team of critical technical issues impacting the customer during and outage or failure
* Serve as single point of warranty support; provide customer account management on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis, including resource coordination, customer management, technical resolution management, and communications at various levels during warranty services engagements
As a Dell Technologies Support Engineer, you will be billeted, trained, and professionally managed by Account Services Management. However, you will be detailed to the Director of the NSG Program Management Office for the day-to-day execution of your duties, working closely with the sales team and customer in the mission spaces (operational control). It’s a hugely varied, and dynamic field of work where trust and competence is the elixir of success—from the tactical engagement to the strategic win. To be sure, you will work on unusually complex problems and provide game changing solutions that are highly creative.
- Typically requires 15+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 12+ years with a Master’s degree; or 8+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Must have an active TS/SCI with CI poly minimum.
- Enterprise Management Tools, GPGPU Technology, Hadoop, Vertica, Greenplum, Citrix, Enterprise Virtualization, Cloud Technologies, HPC, KACE, ScaleIO
- Unix, Linux or Windows experience/knowledge, and TCP/IP networking experience
- A+, Security +, MCITP/MCSE, VCP, RHSA, CCNA certifications
- Dell EMC Enterprise Servers and Storage, Client Technologies, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NAS, DAS, SAS, SATA experience
- FS poly
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities—all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to play a key role at the heart of the mission, this is your opportunity to develop and grow with Dell Federal.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Remote Job ID: R76103
Related Job Opportunities
- Associate System Engineer I (Enterprise Pre-Sales) Georgia
- Senior Cloud Engineer, Azure & AWS - Secureworks - Atlanta, GA Georgia
- Senior Software Engineer, Java Full Stack - Secureworks - Atlanta, GA or Remote Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.