High Performance Computing Solutions Architect - Washington, DC area (Remote)Remote - District of Columbia, United States, Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - All Other);Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - Charles, Prince Georges, Montgomery);Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - Alexandria, Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William);Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - All Other) 02/10/2019
High Performance Computing Solutions Architect
The High Performance Computing Solution Architect (HPC SA) will have the ability to lead HPC architectural efforts for federal customers. As part of an enterprise sales team, the HPC-SA must understand the federal procurement process and the needs of the agencies for which they will be responsible. The HPC-SA must understand current HPC technologies that must be considered or competed against, including compute (Intel, AMD, ARM, Power processors), Infiniband, OmniPath and ethernet interconnects/networking, storage and services popular with federal HPC customers. The HPC-SA will be part of the Dell EMC pre-sales team and will partner with the HPC Sales Specialist, Account Executive & Account System Consultants to ensure success within their territory and region. In addition, the HPC-SA will be a corporate-wide resource, presenting at and participating in user events and internal training on HPC. This is a Remote opportunity and the ideal candidate will be based in the Washington, DC area.
This role is quota-carrying and requires the HPC SA to partner with the front-line account teams to get their trust and that of the customer, in order to meet the customer’s technical HPC needs.
The HPC Solution Architect (HPC-SA) is a technical sales resource teamed with enterprise technical sales team members to advance Dell’s HPC solutions and offers presence in the assigned account set/geographic territory. Working with the Federal sales and technical field team, the HPC-SA assists in developing the customer opportunity and recommending a DellEMC HPC solution, including 3rd party hardware/services, which best meet the needs of the federal customer to support their research goals. The HPC-SA will establish and cultivate ongoing business relationships with customers and business partners to facilitate additional HPC business opportunities.
- Conduct and/or participate in sales, Executive Briefing Center and HPC design presentations.
- Act as technical liaison between the customer, partners and DellEMC on presales engagements, solution requirements, interfacing with the DellEMC AI and HPC Innovation Lab and future product/solution direction.
- Responsible for creating and the accuracy of the HPC design and bill of materials for each HPC solution
- Expected to stay current on HPC technologies, competitive marketplace & provide constant feedback to DellEMC solution and product groups.
- Will be a HPC solutions evangelist which will include presales training, presenting to internal stakeholders, sales and technical teams or channel partners.
- Potential to advance Dell HPC solutions and business value, increase industry exposure through presentations and speaking engagements at industry events.
- Establish & foster relationships worldwide within DellEMC HPC community
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of HPC experience with a mix of managing a HPC environment, HPC design and customer facing pre-sales HPC design experience. Experience with selling/consulting on HPC solutions targeted at the federal market a requirement. The candidate MUST hold active clearances, including Top Secret\SCI, minimum CI Poly. The candidate must have familiarity with HPC hardware architecture, network interconnect technologies and topologies and be able to effectively consult with the customer to recommend the best solution for their needs. Awareness of most of the following HPC benchmarks such as Linpack, Stream, SpecInt, SpecFP, PTRANS, NAMD, MM5 Weather Modeling is required. Also, awareness of HPC programming tools, compilers, debuggers, profilers and workflows including programming languages like C/C++/FORTRAN, parallel programming frameworks like MPI and OpenMP.
- A basic working knowledge of parallel file systems such as Lustre, GPFS and ZFS and various storage solutions used in HPC solutions.
- Experience working with HPC technical directors and PMO’s.
- Strong team player with the ability to collaborate and communicate with matrixed teams across federal segment and beyond
- Must be able to travel 50% depending on projects and customer needs.
- Managing HPC cluster a plus.
- Bachelors in Engineering, CS/MS or related field equivalent
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Remote Job ID: R73320
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Manager, Direct Sales- Homeland Virginia
- Business Development Manager/Education Strategist: K-12 Education Vertical - Washington D.C. or Richmond, VA Virginia
- Systems Consultant - Greater Baltimore Area (Remote) Maryland
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.