Isilon Designated Senior Technical EngineerRemote - Utah, United States, Draper, Utah, United States;Plymouth, Minnesota, United States;Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States;Seattle, Washington, United States 02/11/2020
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team in Draper.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Job Family Summary
Provides remote technical support expertise in a complex information infrastructure environment with the need to integrate Dell Technology products and systems with other Dell Technology and non-Dell Technology computer systems being operated by customers. Ability to convey sophisticated ongoing technical system support is critical to, and an essential component of, both Dell Technology's business operations and the business operations of Dell Technology customers.
Applies technical support expertise to resolve customer issues. Responsible for providing telephone, email, chat and remote diagnostic technical support of assigned products. Works closely with peers and internal SMEs to increase knowledge and resolve customer issues. Identifies and provides resolutions to technical problems. Uses trouble-shooting tools, content and analytical practices to help determine best way to resolve identified and unidentified problems
- Act as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs for code currency, reporting and product knowledge in collaboration with field teams.
- Understands and leverages technical communication structure; may be asked to participate in virtual team training and product knowledge sharing meetings.
- Applies advanced technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic procedures to resolve standard to complex level issues; identifies documents and escalates customer issues to senior resources.
- Recommends and utilizes standard internal and external diagnostic test equipment and product trace and logging procedures; provide documentation and direct feedback to Field Technical Specialists, Account Managers, Sales and other Dell Technology Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
- As a 24x7x365 organization, shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities; may be required as well as occasional travel to customer sites
- Identifies and interprets interoperability and support matrixes; identifies reviews, creates and delivers timely and highly focused training programs and/or serviceability enhancements within the Field and Remote technical support departments
- . Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment through a variety of mediums.
- Monitors and tracks all service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals and communicates status to customers using Call Tracking Databases.
- Maintains a closed-loop" communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status."
- Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolutions; leads efforts in facilitating problem re-creation and failure analysis systems level issues
- Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution databases; may have senior level tasks similar to Engineering for assigned product and skills.
- Will participate in the creation and maintenance of eService applications such as: Chat, Knowledge-base content, Support Forums, etc.
- Regularly submits content to the knowledge database.
- Validates technical information and issues early warnings and disseminates information as needed.
- Dell Technology Proven Professional Certification desired.
- Scope may include multiple products and also solution support Engages in Escalations/Data Unavailable/Data Loss level issues Assisting I5/I6 engineers on complex cases and elevated engagements
- Onsite diagnosis as needed
Customer focused Customer Service skills Interpersonal skills Ability to work in a high-pressure environment Presentation skills Troubleshooting skills Understanding of Dell Technology's products and their value added to the customer
Typically requires 2+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent experience
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all agesJob Family: Engineering Remote Job ID: R053481