Technical Support Engineer 2
- Draper, Utah
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Technical Support Engineer 2
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Support Engineer 2on our remote Technical Support team in Draper, UT.
We go out of our way to give our customers the help they need. Our Enterprise Technical Support team specializes in our most highly technical and sophisticated products – from IT hardware and software to servers, networking, storage and the cloud. Issues can span installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage. Fully trained on the latest upgrades or new products, the team can diagnose the problem and recommend the right solution remotely by telephone, e-mail, chat or online. Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
Provide support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems for customer. Represents the company to the customer ensuring the customer is satisfied. Responsible for providing telephone, email, chat and remote diagnostic technical support of servers, storage, switches, routers, blades and various software applications (Windows, VMWare, Exchange, Oracle, etc.). Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage of assigned products. Verifies warranty entitlement and determines appropriate action. Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct failures. Documents problems in the support solution database for diagnostics and solution implementation. Provides basic remote deployment, maintenance and consulting services.
- Consults and advises on more complex technical questions related to entire enterprise ecosystem
- Acts as central point of contact for product related issues and manages the customer relationship from a technical support perspective with minimal supervision
- Provides guidance, leadership, technical consultation and training to less experienced team members
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of knowledge database content
- Works closely with engineering, product management, and other key internal organizations to drive innovation and performance around product requirements, enhancements, process improvements and industry best practices
- In addition to their technical expertise, maintains direct linkage into other key internal organizations necessary for fast problem escalation and expedited resolution status
- On-call rotation and potential for working a weekend shift is included
- Typically requires 2+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent experience
- Well versed on Linux based Operating system - Prior work experience required on Linux (Suse, Redhat) servers.
- Experience on Networking, switch configurations and Network troubleshooting. Preferred experience dealing with VLAN configuration and Dell Switches.
- VMware vCenter and ESXi configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of hardware and how to troubleshoot.
- VSAN monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Prior Experience on REST API.
- Experience on Dell PowerEdge servers would be preferred.
- LDAP troubleshooting and configuration.
- Familiarity with NFS/CIFS and similar file sharing protocols.
- Familiarity with DNS, Active Directory Services and protocols like SMTP, SNMP, etc.
- Bash scripting for log analysis.
- Basic knowledge and troubleshooting skills of the Windows Server OS.
- Intermediate knowledge of hardware.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Product-Services Engineering Job ID: R058628
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Draper Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.