Senior Legal Counsel, Middle EastDubai, United Arab Emirates 03/21/2019
Senior Legal Counsel – Middle East
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the EMEA Legal Team at Dell, we are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join our team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, Dell promotes an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. As we continue to grow our business in EMEA we are looking for sales people with a proven track record who are passionate about technology. You will be joining a collaborative and energetic team that welcomes creativity and different perspectives. In return Dell offers the training, development and support for you to develop your career and fulfil your ambitions and potential.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
This position is responsible for providing effective legal advice and support to Dell’s business and support functions in the Middle East which is part of the Middle East Africa and Turkey region (META). The position will be based in Dubai but is expected to carry out limited travel to other offices in Middle East and wider EMEA required from time to time as the needs of the role/ business support dictate.
The principal duties and responsibilities for this position will include:
- Managing a variety of legal business matters pertaining to Dell’s business in the Middle East including contracts support, regulatory and compliance matters and dispute resolution in relation to Dell’s wider portfolio, IT infrastructure, software and services.
- Engagement with stakeholders including Sales, Operations, Finance, Legal, Tax, Insurance, Privacy, and IT Security groups and application of governance processes. Applying Dell playbooks and governance procedures to business activity is a key part of the risk management framework to enable company success and protect its interests.
- Performing legal research and analysis and recommending appropriate strategies to business clients. Keeping abreast of regulatory requirements (existing and new) to ensure Dell’s compliance with laws.
- Dealing with escalations of contractual matters and supporting clients with customer negotiations, pre-sale and post-sale and disputes resolution. Liaison with Dell’s global Litigation Group may be required.
- Responding to internal and external legal inquiries, includes responding to regulators and liaising with the Global Privacy team, Ethics and Compliance team and Trade Compliance teams on matters relating to the Middle East.
- Pro-active planning, advice and training to support and protect the business in all relevant areas, including but not limited to Sales, Services/ Delivery teams, Finance, HR, Engineering, Customer Care and Marketing amongst others.
- Authoring and maintaining legal content using knowledge management tools, in order to provide standardized, easily accessible, proactive legal services and procedures regarding the above and identifying innovation opportunities to make Legal support for the Middle East business more successful and efficient, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Solicitor or barrister in a UK jurisdiction (England & Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) or Austrian legal qualification.
- 10+ years of experience as a qualified lawyer with in-house counsel experience, preferably in a multinational organization, or in a leading law firm. Preferably working experience from the IT industry, or some practical knowledge of IT products, services and software, as well as proven business and commercial awareness and acumen. Experience in Middle East.
- Ability to convey complex and legally complicated information in a concise and professional manner and ability to influence senior management.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously, adapt to changing circumstances and deliver according to deadlines. Positive, proactive attitude and approachable.
- Team player who is able to cooperate closely with colleagues all over EMEA and globally to ensure flawless legal support to a wide range of internal clients, displaying team spirit and cultural sensitivity.
- Arabic speaker
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to practice at the heart of a game-changing business with global reach, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Legal Job ID: R88219
Related Job Opportunities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.