Legal Counsel- Advisor, Dell Financial Services Europe
Primary Location: ,Remote - France (All Other)
Dublin, Ireland; Remote - Ireland (Dublin); Remote - Portugal; Remote - Spain
Legal Counsel, Advisor, Dell Financial Services Europe
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Legal Counsel for our Dell Financial Services (DFS) team in Europe.
Dell Bank International d.a.c. (DFS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dell Technologies Inc. and is the captive finance arm of Dell Group. It is a licensed bank regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. DFS provides leasing and financial services throughout Europe and offers a full range of life-cycle management services including acquisition, management and disposition of IT equipment and software. DFS is a fast growing business and is focused on providing flexible and innovative financial solutions to customers of Dell Group in EMEA.
DFS is recruiting a legal counsel to join their expanding legal team. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Legal for DFS Europe. This position will involve negotiating transactions and advising on regulatory changes and new business development projects in Europe.
- Review and negotiate local and global finance contracts (leases, loans, sale and leaseback agreements) and ancillary documents (guarantees, letters of comfort, escrow arrangements);
- Leverage and review DFS template documents;
- Negotiate assignment and other financial structures with third parties (including funders);
- Manage referral relationships with third party funders;
- Advise on regulatory and legal changes and advising business on impact of same;
- Provide support, guidance and training to departments including sales, credit, pricing and asset management on the structure of transactions;
- Create, update and amend templates and customer guides to meet business and internal legal requirements;
- Liaise and manage internal and external counsel in multiple jurisdictions where necessary;
- Negotiate agreements with third party vendors;
- Review of marketing and advertising material;
- Continuously focus on developing and improving more efficient and effective processes.
- A third level degree
- Qualified solicitor in Ireland, UK or equivalent in civil law jurisdiction
Native French Speaker with fluent English
- 3+ pqe of commercial law experience at a law firm and/or corporate legal department with emphasis on high value commercial transactions
- Ability to understand complex regulations and laws and to communicate effectively
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong commercial focus and business acumen required
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver results working to tight deadlines and showing good commercial judgment
- High energy and positive attitude; Strategic and creative thinker
- Ability to prioritize effectively and to meet deadlines; Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with little supervision
- Ability to work seamlessly across multiple organisations across Dell
- Proven track record in financial services/leasing and Regulatory experience
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R097502