Network DevOps Engineer
Primary Location: ,Remote - Ireland (All Other)
Network DevOps Engineer
Location: Dell Technologies Dublin Campus, Ireland (flexible)
As a Network DevOps Engineer you will be hands-on with the hardware, tools, code and services that make the network automation happen at global scale. You will be part of a team responsible for the design, implementation, and improvement of systems, services and processes that deploy, update, and maintain infrastructure supporting the Dell Digital network. In collaboration with network engineering teams, you will be responsible for ensuring that our operations are scalable and continuous, employing innovative methods for rapid provisioning and deployment of infrastructure, and advancing reliable monitoring, management, and reporting solutions.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Network DevOps Engineer in our Global Network team in Ireland
- Evaluate and integrate existing vendor, commercial, and open source tools
- Design and develop tools and services to integrate existing products
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to create API-driven processes
- Develop, maintain and support system standards through configuration management, automation templates and scripting, and version control
- Ensure appropriate system monitoring, alerting, and reporting is implemented and supported globally including uptime, performance, capacity, and utilization
- Embrace documentation and demonstration
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Strong scripting/programming skills (python, ruby, bash, powershell, etc.)
- Cloud configuration automation (Ansible, Salt, Vagrant, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Coding against APIs (REST) and manipulating structured data (JSON, XML, etc.)
- Build and CI/CD tools (Gitlab, Jenkins, Travis CI, etc.)
- Linux administration and core services (DNS, DHCP, logging, authn/z, etc.)
As we build our team we are looking for in-depth experience in one or more of these areas
- Infrastructure network design and configuration, advanced routing, firewalls, and automation of network devices
- Hardware config protocols (PXE, POAP, ZTP, Redfish, etc.)
- VMware virtualization technology (vSphere, vRealize Suite, vCloud Director)
- Containers and serverless computing technology (Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Foundry, AWS Lambda, etc.)
- Frontend, web, or dashboard UI/UX design and development experience
- 5+ years systems administration/engineering of virtualized infrastructure and/or cloud services
- Demonstrated expertise in automation, deployment, tuning, capacity, and performance monitoring of infrastructure cloud platforms and services
If this sounds like your ideal role, apply now!
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
#LIPRIORITYJob ID: R080506