Senior Engineer, Technical Support (Solutions Team)
- Eldorado Do Sul, Brazil
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Tecnical Support Senior Engineer (Solutions Team)
Location: Eldorado do Sul
The successful candidate is primarily responsible for service request (SR) resolution; ensuring technical issues escalated by frontline L1 agents are handled and solved in an efficient, effective, & professional manner to minimize customer impact and maximize future customer loyalty. The responsibilities include the technical resolution management as well as incident and problem management which include leading an analytical troubleshooting efforts pinpoint the root causes and recommend solutions to fix the failures. The role requires a strong technical knowledge that allows a quick understanding of issues and provide knowledgeable input, and direction for resolution; as well as effective coordination associated with incident/escalation management available on a 24/7 basis to support customers who are entitled for warranty support, or any other customer escalation that meets pre-determined internal criteria. In addition, the role is required to complete the technical analysis with the collaboration from various support functions such as L3 or IPS as well as documents problems in the support solution database for diagnostics and solution implementation. The candidate must also possess a strong customer handling and communication skill with the ability to articulate the technical analysis and resolution effectively. The L2 role is a driver of SR age reduction through technical coaching and mentoring.
Roles and Responsibility:
- Act as an level 2 support for frontline L1 agent and lead the technical troubleshooting and diagnostic to resolve the technical issues via phone, email/chat, online and social media.
- Provide a timely response on customer escalations; utilizing all Dell resources including other SME’s necessary to quickly and accurately diagnose, troubleshoot and fix the issue with appropriate notification to all required parties/stakeholders (TSM/RM, SMT, IPS, Third Party Vendors, and Partners etc.)
- Assume the technical resolution ownership from L1 agent when issue is escalated. Provide technical finding and explanation to aid the root cause analysis (RCA) and Post Incident Report (PIR) for high impact incident.
- Clearly and concisely log all actions maintaining and updating the case management tool (Delta) to ensure customer information is current and accurate
- Assists customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical related issues.
- Uses troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follow guidelines in issuing service calls/contacts.
- Maintain and act in an administrator capacity to ensure the smooth running of the Enterprise Lab
- Advises/educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions.
- Identifies, researches and provides input on unique or recurring customer problems.
- Remains knowledgeable of Dell’s product line, current industry products and technologies.
- Focuses on delivering a positive customer experience according to Dell standards.
- Monitors and tracks issues to ensure accurate resolution.
- Reviews and distributes pertinent cross-functional information.
- Escalates more complex customer technical issues to product support group.
- Prepare technical root cause analysis report when required
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring for frontline L1 agent to improve the quality and accuracy of troubleshooting as well as driving down the dispatch cost.
Requirement & Qualification:
- Minimum of 12 months in a technical support function (E.g. L1 agent, Quality lead, Tech Coaches, dispatcher, etc.) or equivalent Services industry experience required
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree or equivalent fields with not less than 3 years of Server, Storage or Networking experience.
- Strong Technical Knowledge on Storage/SAN (Compellent, Equallogic, VNX/Unity, Brocade and other)
- Possess a Customer-Focused mentality and a willingness to provide prioritization, planning, coordination, ownership and accountability for each escalation handled with tact and diplomacy at all times
- Strong analytical / technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills across the wide range of industry hardware and software, with an emphasis on all Dell product offerings
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills required.
- POD Leader experience will be an advantage.
- Good understanding and execution of Dell's policies and procedures is an added advantage.
- SCSN-E/DCS-IE/MCSE/RHCE/CCNA or any other equivalent certification is desired
- Intermediate English
Job Family: Product-Services Global-Services Engineering Job ID: R038025
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Eldorado do Sul Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.