Senior Database Software Engineer
- Eldorado Do Sul, Brazil
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Senior Database Software Engineer
Join us as a Software Engineer in our Digital Marketing organization in Brazil to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
In this role, you will work on the development and ongoing support of a global Customer Data Platform solution, which is Dell’s single source of truth for all outbound marketing activity. This database contains billions of contact and account level records across the globe, and powers Marketing activity such as email campaigns, catalog sends, OB sales calls, event invitations and B2B (Business to Business) lead gen.
As a senior software engineer on our team, you will be one of the technical leads governing the ongoing build and production support of our end-user campaign selection tool, which leverages the industry leading SAS Marketing Automation software suite. You will be expected to quickly come up to speed in understanding our existing implementation of SAS Marketing Automation, take on new development work, and support our business partners and the usage of the tool in a run state.
- Work with a talented group of developers, analysts and testers to deliver innovative, high quality products on a foundation of architectural excellence
- Communicate and translate vision/strategy to co-workers. Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for assigned projects
- Keeps abreast of latest technology advances
- Consistently provide direction and mentoring to less experienced team members, maintaining a culture of innovation, creativity, and fun
- Be expected to understand your role and deliverables and work independently with minimal direction
- Expert SQL skills, including performance tuning of queries and SQL Stored procedures
- Experience with Python, Java or C++
- Solid experience working with databases, such as Linux or SQL and web storage layers. The ability to query and work with marketing/sales database data is critical, as is a knowledge of managing and working with both structured and unstructured data.
- Adaptive mindset to apply the correct technology (programming language, design patterns) to different business needs and working with agile methodologies
- English fluency
- Experience with SFDC - Salesforce Marketing Cloud (administration/customizations)
- Experience working hands on with SAS Marketing Automation tool, such as experience developing custom stored procedures, campaign export layouts in SAS Marketing Automation and maintaining a SAS Marketing Automation infomap
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
At Dell Technologies, we are committed to driving human progress. Through our reach, technology and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. Cultivating inclusion is one of the key areas of our social impact goals for 2030.
• By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women.
• By 2030, 95% of our employees will participate in annual foundational learning on key topics such as unconscious bias, harassment, microaggression and privilege.
Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Information-Technology Software-Engineer Job ID: R066671
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Eldorado do Sul Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.