To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
EMEA PBM, Global Partners
Primary Location: Staines, Surrey
EMEA Global Partners, Partner Business Manager
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about enabling Enterprises of all size be successful, creative and high-reaching. By demonstrating technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
VMware is seeking an energetic and experienced person to lead its Strategic Alliances in EMEA. With a proven track-record you will have extensive knowledge and experience of working with HPE and its ecosystem. This candidate will work with a dedicated and extended virtual team of alliance managers responsible for driving VMware’s alliance and OEM business in the EMEA theatre, and growing sales of VMware solutions via this strategic alliance, designing and executing enablement, sales and marketing programs jointly developed by VMware and HPE.
Successful candidate will have a strong sales background, have had a quota carrying history with success, great experience of channel or alliance partner development, good knowledge of large IT organizations, especially with Customer Executives and in Geo’s.
Strategic thinking with good execution skills, innovative and creative, engaging with and valued by senior executives, work in a complex matrix environment, with good IT background and technical understanding of Hybrid IT, Hybrid cloud and Hyperconverged solutions in particular.
This role reports directly to the Director Strategic Alliances and OEMs EMEA, who has overall responsibility for these VMware strategic Partnerships in Europe.
- Work with VMware’s EMEA Regional executives to ensure VMware sales growth and success through Strategic Alliances and OEM RTM in EMEA.
- Act as an ambassador for Global Partners inside VMware ensuring the field sales organization is aware of the value of this partnership and how to engage.
- Inform, drive and review the Alliances team in regions for optimized performance and success.
- Maintain and grow senior level relationships within Global Partners ensuring executive sponsorship to maximize the success of our joint GTMs. Organize Bi-yearly QBR with Customers and VMware Regional VP & Partner Organization VP as well as Key countries.
- With the regional alliance team, drive the design and execution of specific dedicated sales development plans with Global Partners, including
- Enablement Program Sales and Technical personnel as well as Alliance’s Partner Ecosystem resources. (Distributors, Value-Added resellers…)
- Execute/manage a comprehensive Sales Go-to-Market Plan with OEM Field Sales and Partner Ecosystem Sales personnel to address best verticals and leverage their installed base.
- Identify, develop, track and report consolidated pipeline
- Achieve and surpass revenue quota targets while securing “Light House” wins at reference accounts.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Global Partner Business, you will support the team to leverage sales personnel, call centers, and Channel with dedicated programs, focusing primarily on growing VMware transactional business (<100K$) and Non Core solutions (HCI, vSAN and VCF on customer technology)
- Supports development of regional action plans with EMEA, Regional Alliance and Partner marketing managers for effective growth of sales attach rate and customers base expansion.
- Provides timely requisite reporting to EMEA Director Strategic Alliances and OEMs regarding performance and alliance development
- Consolidate and help build presentations on HPE performance to be included in VMware EMEA Executives Quarterly Business review.
Key Competencies & Experience Required:
- A recognised and validated leader with a track record for success (including, but not limited to, quota achievement) and customer satisfaction (internal and external)
- Consistent track record in meeting and surpassing multi-million dollar quota targets as an individual contributor and/or manager.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a related software industry with significant time spent in Channel sales leadership role (preferably within a vendor).
- A strong knowledge of Globap Partner organizations in EMEA, with Executives level’s relationship is mandatory.
- A good understanding and knowledge of Partner channel ecosystem would be desirable, with
- Competent in articulating strategy and defining plans that drive performance improvements across multiple geographies, languages and cultures.
- Excellent organizational, communication & leadership skills with proven ability to motivate and coordinate extended virtual teams.
- An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to both deal with ambiguity and thrive in a collaborative high-energy sales environment
- Strong understanding & successful experience of OEM/Alliances partnerships, channel ecosystem, SMB/Mid-Market dynamics and requirements as well as Enterprise market.
- A background in virtualization and an understanding of Intel’s X86-based server platform as well as storage and hyperconvergence.
- Energetic, autonomous, able to both give and take coaching
Travel Requirements: up to 50 %
Location: Staines, UK or Paris, France
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware inspires applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2013366