To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Government Sales Manager
United KingdomApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Why work for our Division?
The Public Sector teams within VMware UKI are a high-energy, passionate team of salespeople with a desire to succeed and drive the digital transformation our customers aspire to. As the Sales manager for government, you will lead a team with a strong identity, and a reputation for a high standard of work and achievement. You will have the chance to craft and execute on your business plan through you own efforts and through the management of your team in collaboration with your Public sector peers.
- You will lead the Government sales team – assign quotas and territories, coordinate with marketing the demand generation activity in the territory, assist in the creation of account development plans, ensure that field workload is prioritized, assist team members in the development and closure of opportunities, track performance of team members closely, ensure total customer happiness with VMware’s commercial activity
- Develop the team members – guide and coordinate personal development plans, coach and counsel team members day to day for their professional growth
- You will bring and help develop the team’s business acumen: able to work with the sales and extended teams to translate the customer’s business requirements into technology and service solutions.
- Executive Presence: you possess a blend of temperament, competencies and skills that empower the ability to command a room and hold business-led conversations at the C- level to support and enable the sales teams
- Collaborator: you excel at working collaboratively with the team, peers, supporting resources, partners, management and the customer
- Strong Communication practices & skills: Ability to write and speak in a way that clearly articulates a point of view; Understands how to involve all levels within the company (internal and external) with consistent, appropriate manner
- Forecast and deliver bookings in Healthcare, driving directly the larger opportunities by staying very active in the field and working closely with the team and customers
- Keep the team focused in the development of multiple end customers and prospects in the geographic region
- Improve the potential business generated by partners with end customers. You will identify where we can maximise the opportunity to scale the business.
- Encourage the team to adopt a solution-selling approach; orchestrate resources external to the team, particularly channel partners through which most sales will be fulfilled
- Craft direct strategic relationships with senior decision makers within named accounts
- The role, responsibilities and geographical focus may change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth
- We require all applicants to have an undergraduate degree. We would also love to see a graduate degree, such as an MBA.
- Demonstrable talent as a leader of individual contributors in a professional sales environment.
- Personal sales and relationship building credibility is a requirement, together with a significant track record of accomplishments selling in the Public Sector markets. Previous experience of working within a matrix environment would be highly valued.
- Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position within key accounts
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns while running a diverse set of partners within the same accounts
- Match the VMware solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Forecasting and account/opportunity detail in SalesForce.com
- Proven experience in the creation and execution of partner plans and programs.
- Solid analytical, as well re reporting and presentation skills
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned goals and targets.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-04-03
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2003804