To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
HCI Partner Development Specialist
Primary Location: Staines, Surrey
HCI Partner Development Specialist
Interested in an opportunity to “make the market” with Hyper Converged Infrastructure and build the foundation of VMware’s software stack broadly across its 500k customer base? Is your industry experience highly relevant to HCI? Do you have what it takes to orchestrate and deliver on partnering, co-selling, and v-team engagement to make a significant difference?
The HCI Partner Development Specialist (PDS) is accountable for growing HCI revenue through Global Partners. This individual reports to the Worldwide Partner Sales (WPS) organization and has specialized HCI knowledge as well as deep experience working with Partners.
The successful candidate has strong ability to work cross functionally, tackle problems and drive multiple engagements. This person engages 4 named Global Partners on targeted HCI offerings to expand the market and customer adoption of VMW’s VSAN/VCF stack.
This role is responsible for building HCI pipeline through Partner-led demand generation and co-selling motions. This person will cultivate strategic relationships to drive continued Global Partner commitment towards HCI and collaborate with funded specialists to scale the HCI sales motion.
- Meet and exceed Quarterly Global Partner (GP) HCI Sales Targets and Goals
- Cultivate strategic relationships to drive continued GP commitment to VMware HCI business. Collaborate with/Direct funded resources within GP to execute VMware HCI strategy.
- Maximize GP HCI revenue through Partner-led demand generation, pipeline management, portfolio planning, sales coaching, and forecasting. Effectively communicate, report and track HCI pipelines to senior management.
- Coordinate with GP/VMware core teams, funded resources inside GPs and Joint Partner ecosystem to develop account and territory plans for HCI. Leverage 3-way Partner Growth Lab (PGL) approach for top Joint Partners to create incremental pipeline.
- Facilitate co-selling across GP/VMware core teams to accelerate pipeline motions and improve customer satisfaction. Drive HCI deals to close by leveraging relationships within VMware, GP and Joint Partner community
- Work closely with GP sales segments and regional sales leaders to execute enablement plans. Establish sales training ensuring that GP and their Partner ecosystem have the support from VMware to be successful
The ideal candidate is a talented business driver with industry expertise in HCI technology and Partner ecosystem. Following experience is required:
- 10+ years of experience in Solution selling. Strong experience in communicating solution value proposition in terms of Partners’ and customers’ business needs.
- Ability to use interviews and questionnaires to uncover opportunities and design end-to-end solution approaches based on customers’ requirements
- Experience in developing and understanding HCI architecture approaches. Ability to compare with VMware approaches with competitors’ approaches
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies to increase pipeline volume and velocity jointly with Partners
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to provide innovative solutions for Partner issues and to drive joint VMware and Partner business opportunities. Experience with Partner economics, business models, and motivations for Partner success.
- Expertise in go-to-market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Highly motivated, driven, and has strong business ethics. Proven track record of achieving business objectives in a highly competitive Partner channel environment including meeting or exceeding revenue goals
- Exhibits credibility and executive presence, influencing and instilling confidence at executive and management levels
- Strong ability to build and leverage relationships with Partners, field sales, inside sales, and marketing teams. Ability to engage, excite, influence, and coordinate both Partner and VMware resources
- Highest level of integrity, honesty, and professionalism
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-15
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2011998