Senior SDDC ConsultantStaines,Surrey 10/16/2019
Senior Consultant – SDDC
Overview of VMware
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2016 revenues of $7.92 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 22,000 employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their SDDC strategy. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning software-defined datacenter.
The Senior Consultant – SDDC role is largely focused on providing specialist guidance to customers in the form of workshopping, design and implementation of VMware SDDC technologies – which include but are not limited to VMware vSphere, vRealize Automation & Orchestration. NSX and vRops. In addition to customer facing delivery Senior Consultants also create and drive best practices and provide some pre-sales support.
VMware PSO is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest SDDC technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey. We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
- As an SDDC subject matter expert in this customer facing role, you will design, implement, and create innovative and complex end-to-end technical solutions based on the VMware SDDC solution stack.
- Conduct engagements independently (or as part of a project team) with our Enterprise customers
- Assist and own the low-level design of system architecture, requirements, migration plans and operational standard methodologies aligning with customers unique business requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional VMware project teams which could consist of VMware pre-sales architects, engineers, product management and R&D
- Lead and deliver technical enablement, service delivery training events and technical labs
- Prioritize and drive project issues with support to ensure visibility, traction and timely closure
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and future product direction, and expert level knowledge of the core VMware product line and your specialist area (SDDC)
- Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as functioning as an advisory resource for “Best Practices” developing white papers and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
Required skills and attributes
- Multiple years of actively delivering IT infrastructure projects based on VMware technologies.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a Professional Services consultant.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent and confident communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable with up to 65% travel when required.
- Full clean driving license
- A high level of energy and enthusiasm
Certification and Education
- Currently holds the VCP 5.x and / or 6.x certification and ideally holds VMware VCAP/VCIX certifications
- Industry certifications from vendors such as Cisco, EMC, and Microsoft
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrated equivalent experience.
Desirable skills and experience
- A broad range of SDDC experience including automation and orchestration, architecture and design in medium to large environments
- Strong scripting or coding experience
- Project management experience and familiarity with PRINCE2 or PMP frameworks
- Project governance experience and familiarity with the TOGAF framework
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
Why Choose VMware
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Apply Now - Let’s shape the future of what’s next togethe
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-09-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Consultant Job ID: R1906001